Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
The Assault Group's "Gobudai, Riders of the Shimmering Horde. 28mm Old School Goblin Warg rider miniatures."By ced1106
I backed their previous Halfling Yeoman riding chickens 😁 so figured I'd give them a shoutout!
TAG - Gobudai, Riders of the Shimmering Horde. 28mm Old School Goblin Warg rider miniatures. Metal.
"Pledges at £85, and over will be upgraded to our, FREE WORLDWIDE shipping service."
Presenting the Brewmistress, a Goblin Mage from Games Workshop, this diminutive herbalist can be found plying her trade along the winding road between Veilmouth and Silverton. For two coppers she'll let you take a swig of whatever she's brewing at the time, while her potions are always beneficial, it's probably best not to consider what's in it.
Despite getting a little lazy with the ingredients rack towards the end, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.
As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
Finished and based them.
It's the weekend and you know what that means - lots of painting.
Got two little baddies here that are a nice departure from my Goblin Menace group I've been invested into. I'm sure one of these green baddies is yelling out a command to go attack something, but how fitting to say, "Pull my finger." Goblins humor.
* Tried priming this time with an all metallic spray. This was the Army Painter's Plate Mail primer. Worked pretty well considering how much ground I needed to cover with the metallic. Note that this did not have a tackiness to it like my little crab did with the Vallejo Leather primer. Strange?
* Taking a first run over the armor with Nuln Oil helped save a lot of time. I then went over some of the other areas of the plate with Vallejo Metal Gun Metal. Win!
* Tried doing a rusting look over the plate with Agrax Earthshade - win. Looked nice and grimey.
* Since these were already dirty, I figured why not add some damage to the plate and weapons. Added rust and blood effects to the weapons and it came out pretty good I think. Added some needed character.
* The "Pull my finger" goblin doesn't have really good clarity in the sculpt to get two eyes definined. It wasn't bad to only have the one, but would have preferred two eyes.
* The teeth look pretty bland. Used a white and yellow color mixed but it looked muddled. Tried to show separation with black line. Meh.
* Originally had their lower cloth as warlord purple, but it just didn't fit. Covered it with Gnoll Hide MSP, but even that looks kind of drab. I feel that was a good chance to pop up the colors, but fell flat.
* Used the Breast Cancer Pink again for the mouths. Still works well, but needed better definition for the rest of the mouth.
These look pretty decent. I'll have to come up with a fun base or story for these two. I also snagged the regular goblins, so coming up with something cool for all of them may be a good challenge to come.
As always - any areas you see for improvement?
More to come for this little dude.
Tried doing a couple things people suggested in my other projects. Mixed inks into paints, went thinner on paint and more layers, focused on less colors and more mixing.
Pretty happy so far.
Will be following up with damage report, but had to post.
Always good to have feedback if you see improvements.