Recently Browsing 0 members
- No registered users viewing this page.
So awhile back I was horrified to discover that some old un-finished minis had sprouted a strange orange mold. I gave them a deep clean and seemed to have solved the issue (spoiler: I did not and it's affecting nearly all my minis... but that's a problem for another time).
As a reward for enduring the cleaning, these goblins deserved to finally get painted.
Goblin Command (77349)
First up are these two baddies from one of the Bones 2 expansion sets.
These guys, being earlier bones, are a bit on the rough side, and definitely out-of-scale with the others. But that does help them stand out a bit.
More Photos Below the Spoiler:
Goblin Warriors (77444)
Next up, we have our "heavy hitters" from Bones 3.
I like these sculpts a lot better. There's a uniformity in the face structure, while still having individuality between models.
More Photos Below Spoiler:
Goblin Skirmishers (77445)
The final batch of wimpier goblins from Bones 3.
These guys are the mookiest of mooks. Poorly armed, and poorly armored. These are the guys that get sent in first to soak up some arrows.
More Photos Below Spoiler:
It's nice to finally have some painted goblins. Though my bag full of 50+ more unpainted goblins still taunts me. I have plans to paint them in a few different shades from the yellow-green used here, to a fleshy yellow-tan, to a pale fleshy-grey. Hopefully that'll break up the duplicates and add some variety. But that's a future project.
After painting all these guys up I am tempted to finish the set with the Goblin Honor Guard. They're the only ones I don't have. I can't see myself getting much use out of them, as they're a bit more situational or decorative than practical. But my completionist brain says I need them.
Reaper has so many incredible and different goblin sculpts. Which ones are your favorites?
The Assault Group's "Gobudai, Riders of the Shimmering Horde. 28mm Old School Goblin Warg rider miniatures."By ced1106
I backed their previous Halfling Yeoman riding chickens 😁 so figured I'd give them a shoutout!
TAG - Gobudai, Riders of the Shimmering Horde. 28mm Old School Goblin Warg rider miniatures. Metal.
"Pledges at £85, and over will be upgraded to our, FREE WORLDWIDE shipping service."
Presenting the Brewmistress, a Goblin Mage from Games Workshop, this diminutive herbalist can be found plying her trade along the winding road between Veilmouth and Silverton. For two coppers she'll let you take a swig of whatever she's brewing at the time, while her potions are always beneficial, it's probably best not to consider what's in it.
Despite getting a little lazy with the ingredients rack towards the end, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.
As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
Finished and based them.
It's the weekend and you know what that means - lots of painting.
Got two little baddies here that are a nice departure from my Goblin Menace group I've been invested into. I'm sure one of these green baddies is yelling out a command to go attack something, but how fitting to say, "Pull my finger." Goblins humor.
* Tried priming this time with an all metallic spray. This was the Army Painter's Plate Mail primer. Worked pretty well considering how much ground I needed to cover with the metallic. Note that this did not have a tackiness to it like my little crab did with the Vallejo Leather primer. Strange?
* Taking a first run over the armor with Nuln Oil helped save a lot of time. I then went over some of the other areas of the plate with Vallejo Metal Gun Metal. Win!
* Tried doing a rusting look over the plate with Agrax Earthshade - win. Looked nice and grimey.
* Since these were already dirty, I figured why not add some damage to the plate and weapons. Added rust and blood effects to the weapons and it came out pretty good I think. Added some needed character.
* The "Pull my finger" goblin doesn't have really good clarity in the sculpt to get two eyes definined. It wasn't bad to only have the one, but would have preferred two eyes.
* The teeth look pretty bland. Used a white and yellow color mixed but it looked muddled. Tried to show separation with black line. Meh.
* Originally had their lower cloth as warlord purple, but it just didn't fit. Covered it with Gnoll Hide MSP, but even that looks kind of drab. I feel that was a good chance to pop up the colors, but fell flat.
* Used the Breast Cancer Pink again for the mouths. Still works well, but needed better definition for the rest of the mouth.
These look pretty decent. I'll have to come up with a fun base or story for these two. I also snagged the regular goblins, so coming up with something cool for all of them may be a good challenge to come.
As always - any areas you see for improvement?