Please help me find flies and spiders

The ring ones tend to not be as good of an option there. They tend to be more of the waxy, soft plastic that doesn't take paint or glue well.

The lower spiders you posted are ones that were used by a nearby shop nearby for a halloween painting contest two years ago. Very difficult to get it looking right since you need to work in almost all of the details yourself for it.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2021 at 2:57 PM, Rat13 said:

My advice though is to just start playing using what you have. My campaign has been proxied the whole way and though it would look nicer with fully painted appropriate models I wouldn't have been able to start until much later. 

Thanks for the suggestion, but for me just playing the game is not the primary focus (to an extent it's also an excuse to buy more minis although I swore not to... :blush:). I really enjoy the process of coming up with background, searching for minis that fit my imagination, painting them accordingly and then finally playing the game as a mixture of strategy and role playing experience - probably not before 2022.:lol:

Strangely, I absolutely don't care about the terrain...

Edited by Samedi
Those Hell Wasps look REALLY nice!
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...

My go to for spiders now is Wargames Atlantic but I have some from a few other manufacturers. 

In my opinion the Wargames Atlantic box set is best value for money but is a bit fiddly in making the larger ones.

I did a blog entry about this topic awhile back…

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2020/11/16/spiders-why-did-it-have-to-be-spiders/

• Like 2

Thanks for your suggestion, @Grumpy Gnome! I read your blogpost, it seems there is a lot of assembly with a lot of little parts. I tend to get a bit too impatient in that sort of situations...😊

Anyway, the vacancies have been filled:

IMG_6374.jpg.6d90487c1e5a38529a77292e58c497b2.jpg

2 packs of giant flies by North Star, And an assortment of spiders from Otherworld, Wizkids, Tabletop Art, and Reaper.

Again, thanks everyone for your help!

• Like 6
On 6/2/2021 at 3:04 AM, Grumpy Gnome said:

My go to for spiders now is Wargames Atlantic but I have some from a few other manufacturers. 

In my opinion the Wargames Atlantic box set is best value for money but is a bit fiddly in making the larger ones.

I did a blog entry about this topic awhile back…

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/2020/11/16/spiders-why-did-it-have-to-be-spiders/

I still haven't finished building a sci-fi spider from it.  Man, that kit could've used some instructions.

• Like 1
On 6/9/2021 at 4:18 PM, Lidless Eye said:

I still haven't finished building a sci-fi spider from it.  Man, that kit could've used some instructions.

Yeah, the lack of instructions was frustrating. Thankfully I was able to find help online from others who had already figured them out.