Thanks for your comments everyone, I'm happy you like it and find it inspiring. I own many other Tabletop World buildings and hope to find time to paint them and build a nice little village soon. I was asked how I made the vine and I thought some of you might be interested in knowing.

I made the Clematis climbing plant myself with the roots of a spirea shrubs and Woodland scenics Fine-Leaf Foliage. I glued the purple flowers one by one after the vine was in place. Spirea bush tend to spread and since mine was getting to big, I decided to remove some of it from my backyard two years ago. As I was doing so I realised the roots would make very nice miniature trees, so I decided to clean and dry them for future use. I now have a small box full of it and even after two years they are still flexible. They are easy to twist and glue. I used super glue to fix them to the base and white glue to fix the foliage.

I also used The Army Painter Field Grass and Green Stuff World Shrubs Tufts on the base. I painted some of the Shrubs Tufts leaves in yellow and white so that they will look like flowers.

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, this is the third and last of my 06132, Skeleton Swordsman sculpted by Kevin Williams. I added some group pictures too.

Group picture with the 02126 Arachno-Assassin.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I completed this one last night. 02615, Female Bloodguard was sculpted by Dennis Mize. I removed the axe she was holding in her left hand and replaced it with a shield from a 14359 Crimson Knight.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I had painted this Wizards of the Coast 88362, Hammerer years ago and it was the perfect model to practice weathering effect. So, I took it a step farther last weekend during Reaper Virtual Expo. I followed the advices David Cecil and Justin McCoy give over their respective Weathering Effects classes. I added rust, oil leaks, blood and improved the scratches. I also added mud between the stone tiles on the base and enhanced the glowing effect of the eye and runes. This model was sculpted by Jim Warner.

Side-by-side comparison, before and WIP.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I'm updating this post with more pictures I took of the Irontongue Duergar Squad I completed recently.

The enlaged ones, side by side.

From left to right on the first picture; 03883 Dark Dwarf Irontongue Priest, 03899 Dark Dwarf Smiter, 03898 Dark Dwarf Pounder, 03892 Dark Dwarf Striker.
      All four Dark Heaven Legends models were sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of the last Dark Dwarf I painted for my Duergar squad. I converted a 44109, Enlarged Dark Dwarf Smiter sculpted by Bobby Jackson to make it look more like a Striker. I changed the original hammer head for a 3D printed two sided meat tenderizer and added the eye patch. Thanks to Derek feedback, I really pushed myself on this one. I think I spent something like 3 or 4 hours on the beard only. It is standing on a 2 inches square base. The ball and chain are made of Milliput and a 3mm hobby chain. Your comments are welcome. Group pictures coming soon.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)