Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This one is next in line. He needs a better base.
This is a standard Reaper 1 inch base. And a sheet of embossed styrene cobblestone, for model railroading. I superglued it on, trimmed around it with an X-Acto, then sanded it down to 800 grit. Any gap left is going to get the Brush On Sealer treatment to deal with the seam. After this I just superglued the Mocking Beast on. No pin.
Started this guy back in 2010 and, after eleven years of on and off work (mostly off), I'm going to say he's finished. There are things I could do better now than when I started him, and certainly areas I could try to tweak more, but I'd rather save the energy/time for another figure. 54mm Games Workshop "Brother Artemis" Space Marine from the old "Inquisitor" game. Made a few minor tweaks (repositioned the sword) and left off a few bits 'cause I didn't like how they looked. Base was sanded down and then rebuilt with plastic card to look industrial. Nowadays I can just buy 40mm bases that are done this way. It was actually the first part thing that got painted which meant I had to be careful when I was painting the figure! Painted primarily with Reaper paints.
Here is my BONES version of the Eye Beast.
This is my project going model-by-model down the Bones I Kickstarter rewards images through all my models, and logging them as WIP.
And bringing along any pewter versions I have for the ride.
These guys are very rewarding and great practice for eyes.
I coated the eyes and mouth with brush on gloss varnish to give it that live, wet, salivating look.
I started this to be the BBEG for Dragon's Demand.
I really enjoyed painting it. This is my first full dragon miniature painted.
I spent a lot of time on it, and I'm pleased with the outcome.
I hope you like it. This was my first time using Birch seed pod debris as leaves, and I think they look good.
Here is the link to the WIP:
Who's Online 14 Members, 3 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)