Warriors and Battles 54mm semi-flat man-at-arms

21 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

Cross between a paper standee and a proper miniature!  Very interesting, and nicely painted.

More or less, yes.  The original toy soldiers were the German flats, zinnfiguren (or “tin figures”), so it does have a long tradition. ::D:

• Like 3

Interesting figure. I had a buddy in Switzerland who had his grandfathers zinnfiguren collection. Boxes of Napoleonic and Franco-Prussian war soldiers. Loads of fun and probably worth a fortune, not that us kids realized it.

• Like 2

Interesting figure and nicely painted, but there's something about the face in that first picture that disturbs me. Given the dimensions it almost looks as if it's head is on backwards or something.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By minibart
      Painted this miniature in my vacation. Turned out pretty nice. Especially proud of the owl. 

• By Darcstaar
      Here was my entry for the 16th quarterly  Reaper Facebook Contest.  I was honored to receive an honorable mention.  There were dozens of fantastic entries.  

I wanted to try a white dragon coloration.  I have Deathsleet in my queue, so this is a test run.  His scales are Dragon White.  The ventral surfaces are more of a bone color with Creamy Ivory and Linen White, with Sepia Wash.

His dagger is a green NMM.  His eyes are gem-like, not lizard pupils.  The skirt completes the “triangle of interest” green color.  I rebased him on a Micro Arts 30mm Sewer base.

I had a lot of fun with this one.  I wanted to keep him as a rogue, so I chose a dagger and loot bag from his hand choices.  I also painted his armor as leather with some gold NMM.

Enjoy.
    • By Darcstaar
      Here is the big boss of the Bones I Orc Warband.  With all of these Orcs they are shadowed with a purple color.  I added some green freckles/sun spots for a little interest.

For his shield trophies, I included some skin tones and hair colors that could represent elf, dwarf, human, goblin and undead.  The wood planks and boards on the shield are freehand.  Kavorgh got a little extra love with the bloodstain on the axe.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93235-darcstaar-vs-bones-i-ep-12-orcpocalypse/

And the group shot.  Enjoy.
    • By Darcstaar
      Here is another of the Orc Warband from Bones I.  He had a very bent sword, so I swapped it with one from the Bones III weapon sprue.

WIP Here.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93235-darcstaar-vs-bones-i-ep-12-orcpocalypse/

• By Darcstaar
      Here is another of the Orc Warband from Bones I.

WIP Here.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)