• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the board!

It looks like you've learned a fair amount in the one year you've been painting; these are some very nice figures, much better than what my figures looked like only 1 year in.

As for tips and tricks, if there's anything specific you'd like to know, don't be afraid to ask.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My only suggestion would be working a little bit of red color to the skin tone of your faces to help offset the cloth more. A little glaze of red beneath a layer of skin tone to the cheeks, top of the nose, or lips would bring more warmth and life to the skin.

Amazing work for a beginner!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum!

That's great work and I wouldn't have guessed that you haven't been painting that long!

You clearly have talent for it.

Keep it up, love to see more of your work.

We can get a bit silly around here, if you see text in purple then it's meant as a joke.

Browse around and HAVE FUN!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words, looks like a very nice community here.

I agree the beggars cloak could be a little less pristine, and I could have glazed the skin tones with some pink or red. I will take that on-board and thanks for the advice!

I like how jokes will appear in purple, let's face it, sarcasm is always lost in text. Life would be boring without some fun added here and there right?

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Peithetairos
      I am happy to present my entry to the 18th quarterly contest. I worked hard to achieve a nice contrast, using texture, complimentary colours and value. Another focus was the cavern base and the water and splash effects. I am happy how he turned out, but comparing him to the top four trolls I also know that I need to push myself even more. I guess that is what it is all about. 

Given the metal version is NSFW I include some links that show him in his full glory.

Cave Troll Front

If you are interested in the painting process also check out my newest blog post. 

Cave Troll - More pics and painting info
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are more pictures of my entry in the 18th Quarterly Contest. This is 77704, Cave Troll sculpted by Bobby Jackson. Congrats to the winners and everyone who participated. A big thank you to Reaper for organizing this colorful contest and 54 times thank you to those who voted for my creature.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello there, here is my latest Dark Dwarf. 44139, Dark Dwarf Cleaver was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. This is the Bones Black version. Have a good Friday.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here is the last of the four amazing ogre from Bobby Jackson. This one is 44006, Garghuk Ogre Chieftain. All painted with Reaper MSP paint and mounted on a 50mm wide base.

Group picture form left to right; 44006 Garghuk Ogre Chieftain, 77454 Ogre Clubber, 77456 Ogre Guard and 77455, Ogre Smasher.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here is the third of the quartet, the 77456, Ogre Guard sculpted by Bobby Jackson. Have a good week.

77454, Ogre Clubber, 77456, Ogre Guard and 77455, Ogre Smasher.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)