Thanks for your comments everyone. My inspiration for the choice of color came from Mistress Denna in Terry Goodkind's The Sword of Truth series.

I find the shield strap around her forearm a little wide. I will paint rivets where it's attached to the shield.

I painted the highlights as if the sunlight is coming directly from above her. I learned many tricks I was missing when painting hair when I attended @Geoff Davis class during Reaper Virtual Expo.

Although they are straight, I painted her hair as if they were traversed by two horizontal waves struck by light from above.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, I will share here my progression on a project I wish to do for a long time. I already know all the parts I'll be using for this diorama. Starting with the carefree 03082 Ingrid sculpted by Derek Schubert (I'm converting her as a svirfneblin prospector), accompanied by her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by a 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. I will also add a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging somewhere on the rock wall. I already worked on Ingrid. I removed the base and give her a pickaxe. I made her tool with a paperclip and a piece of scrap metal. This all-project idea started with the gemstone she’s holding in her left hand.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reapervellians,

So I had these figures sitting around and primed for probably about two or three years, and then while trying to start up another project, I ended up grabbing these.

These are four new figures, sculpted by Dave Summers, famous for his Darksword anthropomorphic miniatures as well as decades of other finely sculpted figures, that he sculpted for Ral Partha's Chaos Wars game in 2016, associated with a Kickstarter if I recall correctly, and then a rather old figure, the female dwarf, who was sculpted by Dennis Mize back in I think 1977-1978.

Nowadays of course, figures are a lot larger, but Dave Summers sculpted these four new dwarves to that old school 25 millimeter scale, which means they are pretty petite. If I remember afterwards I'll snap some kind of comparison photo with some common item. I always forget to do that for some reason.

Anyhoos, here they are:

and here's the lady dwarf. I separated her out because I actually have an older version that I did of her years ago as a gift for somebody, and wanted to show it as a comparison.

Here's the one I just painted:

and here she is probably already five or six years earlier:

I had her on a much larger base in the original version.

Anyhow, that's all for today folks, enjoy at your leisure!

• By dks
      Nearly two years after I started a thread for showing off the figures of my Pathfinder Society characters, I present the second figure.
      (For that thread about the first character, click here: link.)

This is Sister Ayano, a kitsune archer (level 8 now: paladin 5 of Shelyn / zen-archer monk 3).
      I did some extensive conversion to the elf archer Caerwynn, from the Warlord line.

Here is the finished Ayano:

You can see the Work-in-Progress thread for her here: link.

You may have noticed the concept art for two kitsune figures in the "Eastern Legends" stretch-goal from the recent Bones III Kickstarter.  I'll be sculpting those two.  So if you like the way Ayano the kitsune looks and you wish Reaper made others figures like her ... well, you're in luck (sort of).

Enjoy,
      Derek
    • By Metalchaos
      Here's another one!

The Chimeric Aberration is something I was inspired to build after reading about Chimeric Creature in D&D Monster Manual 2. In the book, they give the example of a Chimeric ankheg which has the head and front legs of and ankheg with a goat and a white dragon head.

I'm calling my monster a Chimeric Aberration, because it doesn't have the traits of a goat and a chromatic dragon which are normally present on a Chimeric Creature. Instead, my chaotic hybrid will be the result of a mad wizard experiment that went terribly wrong. It will have the main features of a Giant Hound, a Deadborn Vulture head will stretch out from the right side of the monster and an Hulking Insect head will sit on the left side.

My plan is to use a 02817 Moor Hound for the main body. Then, I will use both heads from 03069, Hooked Hulk witch are included in 03440 Creature Components pack 2 along with 14456 Mastema’s tail included in 03334 Creature Components. I will also use 03641 Gunslinger’s wings to add another characteristic of the Vulture. I’ve considered larger wings like those of 02065 Greycloud the Pegasus and maybe 02729 Mephisto’s wings would have been even more appropriate but I don‘t have them at hand. I may swap some of its paw for claw and/or palmed foot as well.

For the colors, I thought of painting the main body green like a Cù-Sìth from the Scottish folklore. The additional head will have traditional vulture and insect colors. Voilà, It should be charming.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, this is the third and last of my 06132, Skeleton Swordsman sculpted by Kevin Williams. I added some group pictures too.

Group picture with the 02126 Arachno-Assassin.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)