Jump to content

Starfinder: Attack of the Swarm (Fate of the Fifth) AP pbp


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 5/23/2021 at 7:27 AM, Corsair said:

Sounds like a good plan to me. If you are into HP, I will treat you with a med patch, saving my last 2 spells for the rest of the day. I also glance into a couple of wrecked military vehicles, hoping for a Med pack. Any Luck?

 

 

 

Feel free to give me a Perception check.

 

The party makes it way out of the area & heads towards Fort Gallant. With the dust storm still in affect, knowing which way you are going is confusing. You use familiar markers that you recall seeing heading into this area of the city. Thou, most are destroyed or unrecognizable due to damage from the fighting. After an hour or so, you round a large building, formerly an apartment complex & into a open courtyard setting.

 

Whoever has the highest Perception skill sees it first but a Swarm corpse lies upon the ground in front of you, then anther & anther! The corpses continue to pile up when you come across the body of the Lt that was your mission officer last night. He must have died through a  vicious wound in his chest & back. You hear sounds of combat nearby!

 

Upon getting near the sound your hear the sound of a gurgle of a alien voice (most likely a Swarm component) & you see 3 reddish-white blades in the sandstorm & afterwards a heavy grunt. The sandstorm clears enough that you can see the shape of a familiar vesk, Major Jaldamarrak! He looks up & sees the party. You can see blood all over his armor, whether it's his or others, you're not sure. Thou, as you get near you see the Major holds his side, trying to hold in a viscous wound. You can see that his armor has been slashed open at his torso and he has taken what appears to be a mortal wound; a strand of his innards hangs limply over his belt.

 

The vesk leans on his doshko, before he stands up straight as the party moves in. "Well met, Midnight Squad, well met!" The vest perks up a bit seeing familiar faces.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My earlier Perception Check looking for First Aid/Med Kits rolled a 15.

 

Upon seeing the Major Doc rushes forward to use Healing Channel and spends a Resolve Point. 2D8 with a 30' Range, so it will help Vith too. 4+7=11 on the roll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doc,

 

You come upon a smashed military vehicle. The front is crushed by a fallen wall, but with your keen eye you can find a medpac on the deceased driver.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you go to heal the Major, he stops you.

 

"Save it, soldier.  Your companions are more important to you now."

 

He straightens up a bit, he straps his doshko to his back & with heavy breathing he says to the group.

 

“You all fall back. I’ll provide covering fire.”

 

He draws his pistol and checks the clip.

 

“I aim to break two hundred confirmed kills before I die! Ha, ha!”

 

His eyes become steely, as he prepares to leave.

 

" You are all well trained, rely on each other & your mission will be a success. You'll make the SDF proud!"

 

Before he leaves, he takes a medal off his armor & pins it on to Doc, before pushing him away.

 

“That’s an order, soldiers! Cross the river before they drop the bridges, and I’ll see you on the other side! May Iomedae guide your aim!”

 

He turns & breaks into a Veskarium battle song at full volume! A few moments latter you hear the sounds of multiple Swarm chittering & soon afterwards, the crunching sound of Swarm chitin.
 

Treasure: The medal is a glory medallion

 

GLORY MEDALLION

LEVELMAGIC ITEM (WORN) PRICE 400 BULK L
Awarded to only the most skilled combatants, a glory medallion allows you to capitalize on the hectic nature of battle. Once per day, as a reaction after you reduce an enemy to 0 Hit Points, you can immediately take an additional move action.
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"It looks like the defensive line is collapsing faster than anyone expected.  After we make it across the river should we continue to Fort Gallant or head toward Reos City to get closer to the evacuees so we can provide them some protection?"

 

Gustav scans the surrounding area looking for any useful equipment or any sign of enemy movement.

 

Perception check 2+7-2 (shaken)=7

 

OOC: are we near the end of the duration of the shaken condition?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ferret said:

"It looks like the defensive line is collapsing faster than anyone expected.  After we make it across the river should we continue to Fort Gallant or head toward Reos City to get closer to the evacuees so we can provide them some protection?"

 

Gustav scans the surrounding area looking for any useful equipment or any sign of enemy movement.

 

Perception check 2+7-2 (shaken)=7

 

OOC: are we near the end of the duration of the shaken condition?

 

About an hour more on the shaken condition, as it was 2 hrs.

 

As far as Perception check goes, there really isn't much here. There are vehicles but the highway out is too jammed with debris & wrecked vehicles, that your only way out is on foot. Survivors have taken most of everything that is useful for the party right now. From here, the trip to Fort Gallant is 24 miles (you've gone a mile from the previous Swarm battle).

 

Unfortunately, the Swarm presence is too high to try & fix a vehicle to use as a mode of transportation. As the Major disappears into the sandstorm, you can already hear Swarm moving in your direction.

 

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

@haldir that is a Basic Medkit I found, not the Advanced one correct?

 

Correct

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gustav hastens toward the bridge with the rest of the party.  Once across the river, he will examine the ground looking for tracks or other signs that anyone, especially any party of evacuees, has passed through the area recently.

 

Survival check 19+7-2=24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The bridge is a ways away & the party must make that journey on foot, as the highway is choked with abandon vehicles. With the approaching swarm, there is no time to try & fix broken ones. You leave the confines of Brinoa City & make your way to Fort Gallant, Who has the slowest speed?

 

While traversing the land, everyone's comms crackle on, an unidentified female voice says, “This is an emergency transmission. A full evacuation is in effect for the Brinnoa region. Civilians east of the Dethomar River must immediately relocate west of the river, as the bridges crossing the river will shortly be demolished to halt the Swarm advance. SDF forces and civilians are to report to Fort Gallant for further orders. This is an emergency transmission...” The message then repeats.

 

After an hour, you break free of the dust storm that now surrounds the capitol city, you emerge to see empty dry brushland with small plateaus & hillocks stretching in all directions. The temps hover just below freezing, even thou the sky is clear & suns beats down. The Shaken condition is also gone.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By Darcstaar
      Hi people.
      Im going to start another PBP.  So far I have interest from @ShadowRaven, @dwarvenranger, @Dilvish the Deliverer, and @Kangaroorex.
       
      We’re going to start the Serpent’s Skull adventure path.  Pathfinder 1e.
       
      All books are in play, but I reserve the right to veto something if it seems too gross/bloated.
       
      Please utilize the Serpent’s Skull Players Guide from the Paizo website.
       
      Abilities: 4d6, reroll all 1’s, drop lowest score, yielding ranges from 2-18 pre mods.
       
      Avg. Starting gold.
       
      We’ll follow the AP leveling track when possible.
       
      We’ll have individual initiative.
       
      I hope to get this started soon, so please post those characters.

      -edits-
      House Rules
      1. HP beyond first level.  Roll the hit die.  If the roll is less than”avg” then take avg instead.  Example: Wizard d6.  Rolls a 1.  Gets 4hp instead, before Con mod.
      2. Acrobatics can be used to avoid AOO when standing from prone.
      3. If someone is not responding and action is waiting for them, I’ll send a pm after 24 hours.  If no response 24 hours later, I’ll take over that character to get action rolling again.
    • By Darcstaar
      Part 1 of the Serpent’s Skull Adventure Path.  By James Jacobs, (c) 2010.
      Paizo Publishing.
       
      Using the Pathfinder Rules from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook
      Sixth Printing, 2013 and copyright 2009 and on
      Also uses Open Game License Content 1.0a Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast
    • By Darcstaar
      Copyright 2012 Paizo Publishing.
       
      Using the Pathfinder Rules from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook
      Sixth Printing, 2013 and copyright 2009 and on
      Also uses Open Game License Content 1.0a Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast
       

       

      You can decide if you know each other before the start of the adventure, or are all randomly passing through this small rural town on your way to or from Korvosa.
      You have heard rumor that a carnival passes through this town, and have come to investigate and have some fun.
      As you mill about the carnival grounds, you can sample delicious food from vendors, view exotic sights or shows, and participate in games of skill and chance.
       
      Let me know what types of things you are interested in, and if/how you know each other.
    • By Darcstaar
      Hi everyone.
      In light of additional free time, I'd like to start another PBP.
      Maybe I'll be able to get prior ones going again, if people are interested.
      We'll be doing Murder's Mark.  A Pathfinder Module for four 1st level characters.
       
      From www.paizo.com
      An urban mystery adventure for 1st-level characters.
      Everyone in the fishing town of Ilsurian is excited when the legendary Umbra Carnival rolls into town—even if the show is run by members of the much-maligned Varisian ethnic group. With strange and exotic beasts, scandalous performances, games of chance, and all the other fun of a traveling fair, who could resist such an opportunity for entertainment?
      Unfortunately for both the town and the circus, however, entertainment isn’t the only opportunity the carnival presents. 
       
       Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide are OK.
       
      Character Generation:
      Attributes: 4d6, reroll all 1's, drop lowest die.  This will yield attribute rolls of 6-18.
      Average Starting Gold for class.
      Alignments: LG, NG, CG, LN, TN.
       
      The hope would be that once we finish this one, we'll be able to start another with the same characters...
    • By Maglok
      I painted this dude up as my technomancer for our Starfinder campaign. The idea is his coat is very tech-ey. I used a Bones Chronoscope miniature and modded in some antenna. Also slightly purple skin, cause this is a Lashunta.
       
         
×
×
  • Create New...