Jump to content

Starfinder: Attack of the Swarm (Fate of the Fifth) AP pbp


haldir
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Engineering check 20+8= 28 (havent seen one of those in a while¬†ūüôā)¬†

 

Ratticus will stay with Gustav to help repair any medical equipment or surveillance equipment and keep it functional to try and save lives, leaving the shooting to those better than him.

 

stealth is 9+8= 17 to follow along with Gustav and prevent blowing his cover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/25/2021 at 10:53 AM, haldir said:

As the party settles in (feel free to name where you are on the map, before this happens) suddenly one of the large skyscrapers nearby explodes & is engulfed in flames. Sadly, you can hear screams from people who haven't yet made it out. There is slight pause in the fighting as suddenly out of the sky a large comet or possibly a fireball, no wait it's a very large structure! (Please give me a Culture check or a Engineering check)

 

Ok anyone that makes a DC 12 Culture check or a DC 15 Engineering check recognizes that the fiery object is not a natural thing, it's a man-made structure! It appears to be one of the 2 spacedocks that hover in orbit around Suskillon! The station has suffered tremendous damage, but most of it is intact when the party sees it falling from the sky.

 

3fe4334f1e5f55e80c4ffef3fa50cff0.jpg

 

The station slams into the hills to the north of the city. It's almost like time stands still for a few seconds as there is a bright flash of white light which is followed by a ear-splitting explosion! A cloud of dust erupts from the crash site, it envelops the city & the surrounding region for miles with a red cloud of dust that obscures everything in it's wake. Everyone, please give me a Will Save due to mass devastation & the major loss of life. This is a mind-effect (if anyone has anything towards that).

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vith marched up the ridge, before dropping prone, his reaction cannon poking out over a rocky embankment, aimed towards Brinnoa itself.  He was ready to provide cover fire to those SDF personnel, and civilians fleeing the city.  He felt it before he saw it, a deep, reverberating thrum he felt in his chest, he looked up, saw the fire ball, "Is that --," he managed to get out, before he realized what he was actually seeing.  "Pashang!"  If the Space Docks were coming down, Suskillon's orbital defenses had fallen, and the opportunity to receive reinforcements from allied sectors of space was a pipe dream at best.  This was it, they --  "No!" He yelled, as the wave of dust and debris washed over him, he clicked on the Troop armor's environmental protections, the dust was going to get thick, but he sure as hell wasn't about to break, he'd been given a job to do, they, had been given a job to do.

 

OOC:  Will save (1d20)+3=13+3=16  Hopefully enough, Vesk receive a +2 bonus against Fear effects, if this counts that'd bring it to an 18 if not, 16 it is.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doc watches in awe and horror as the station comes down. Realizing that the civilians will be terrified he is glad to be with his comrades.

Engineering check 20+6=26 [yeesh, why now and not when I will really need it]

Will save 12+5=17

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will Save: 5+2

 

Ra-astar looks up in shock as the space dock fills the sky; getting bigger and bigger until it all one can see.  It is as he is an ant, and the structure a boot descending to stomp him from this very plane of existence!  The rumbling of the ground as the it impacts north of the city shakes not only his body but seems to shake his very soul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Zero Prime I'll give you the +2 as this is a Fear effect.

 

Anyone 16 & over on their Will save is not affected by the Shaken condition for the next 4 hours.

 

Shaken:¬†You take a ‚Äď2 penalty to attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks while you have the shaken condition. If you are already shaken and then become subject to an additional effect that would cause you to be shaken, the duration of the shaken condition increases by the duration of the second effect.

 

The Dust: Obscures vision. A creature more than 5 feet away but less than 50 feet from its attacker has concealment. A creature 50 feet or more from its attacker has total concealment.

 

I will need Perception checks from everyone......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

His pulse pounding in his ears, and a queasy, uneasy feeling in his bowels, the large vesk from his prone position swept the barrel of his weapon along the perimeter searching for movement from within the cloud of dust and debris.

 

OOC:  Perception check, as requested, (1d20)+1=16+1=17  I do have Low Light Vision if that helps, if not, 17.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gustav is shaken by the enormity of the destruction and loss of life he just witnessed as well as by how quickly SDF defenses seem to be failing before the swarm onslaught.

 

"I don't think our squad can do much to make any difference here.  Let's join up with one of the groups of evacuees  heading to Reos City to provide them some protection.  Maybe we can save at least some of the civilians that way."

 

Gustav looks through the dust for a path to withdraw toward the south that isn't blocked by swarm elements.

 

Perception check 15+4=19

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vith looked towards Gustav through the dust & debris.  "Gustav, we're all shook!  We got friends, we got family in Brinnoa!"  He grunted, looking back towards the rolling clouds washing over their position, "And we have our orders.  Hold the line!  Next person out of the dust could be your family."  He snarled, "Could be mine.  We hold!"

 

OOC:  For this conversation, Vith is activating his Voice Amplifier implant, so his unit can hear him, hell, so other units down the line can hear him.  In Starship combat, a Captain can demand an action from a crewmate with Intimidate, while this isn't exactly that, I am going to roll for a similar manuever, to use it as a call to action, or to bolster us from the shaken condition.  Inimidate 1d20+7=(15)+7=22.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

‚ÄúVith, snarl all you wish, but the Major said ‚ÄėDon‚Äôt be a hero, if things turns badly for you, retreat...‚Äô. ¬†not hold at all costs. I think¬†this clearly qualifies as things turning bad. ¬†I doubt our staying here would slow the Swarm. ¬†Better we try to make a difference by helping¬†some of the evacuees get out of this mess alive.¬†Let‚Äôs join the withdrawal to Reos City.

¬† ¬†However, if the majority of the squad believes we should stay here, I will stick with you. ¬†So, what do the rest of you think?‚ÄĚ

Edited by ferret
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Vitharyan shook his head, "Abandon your post if you're scared of what's coming.   I'm going to hold the line, like we were ordered!"

 

Now ignoring Gustav's outburst, he went back to scanning the dust for survivors, civilian or SDF.

 

OOC:  Not adverse to a withdrawal, but we're not being overrun at this point, there hasn't been contact with hostile.  I'm not willing to retreat on one squadmate's hunch, especially when he's clearly shaken by events we've witnessed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

    • By Darcstaar
      Hi people.
      Im going to start another PBP.  So far I have interest from @ShadowRaven, @dwarvenranger, @Dilvish the Deliverer, and @Kangaroorex.
       
      We’re going to start the Serpent’s Skull adventure path.  Pathfinder 1e.
       
      All books are in play, but I reserve the right to veto something if it seems too gross/bloated.
       
      Please utilize the Serpent’s Skull Players Guide from the Paizo website.
       
      Abilities: 4d6, reroll all 1’s, drop lowest score, yielding ranges from 2-18 pre mods.
       
      Avg. Starting gold.
       
      We’ll follow the AP leveling track when possible.
       
      We’ll have individual initiative.
       
      I hope to get this started soon, so please post those characters.

      -edits-
      House Rules
      1. HP beyond first level. ¬†Roll the hit die. ¬†If the roll is less than‚ÄĚavg‚ÄĚ then take avg instead. ¬†Example: Wizard d6. ¬†Rolls a 1. ¬†Gets 4hp instead, before Con mod.
      2. Acrobatics can be used to avoid AOO when standing from prone.
      3. If someone is not responding and action is waiting for them, I’ll send a pm after 24 hours.  If no response 24 hours later, I’ll take over that character to get action rolling again.
    • By Darcstaar
      Part 1 of the Serpent’s Skull Adventure Path.  By James Jacobs, (c) 2010.
      Paizo Publishing.
       
      Using the Pathfinder Rules from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook
      Sixth Printing, 2013 and copyright 2009 and on
      Also uses Open Game License Content 1.0a Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast
    • By Darcstaar
      Copyright 2012 Paizo Publishing.
       
      Using the Pathfinder Rules from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook
      Sixth Printing, 2013 and copyright 2009 and on
      Also uses Open Game License Content 1.0a Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast
       

       

      You can decide if you know each other before the start of the adventure, or are all randomly passing through this small rural town on your way to or from Korvosa.
      You have heard rumor that a carnival passes through this town, and have come to investigate and have some fun.
      As you mill about the carnival grounds, you can sample delicious food from vendors, view exotic sights or shows, and participate in games of skill and chance.
       
      Let me know what types of things you are interested in, and if/how you know each other.
    • By Darcstaar
      Hi everyone.
      In light of additional free time, I'd like to start another PBP.
      Maybe I'll be able to get prior ones going again, if people are interested.
      We'll be doing Murder's Mark.  A Pathfinder Module for four 1st level characters.
       
      From www.paizo.com
      An urban mystery adventure for 1st-level characters.
      Everyone in the fishing town of Ilsurian is excited when the legendary Umbra Carnival rolls into town‚ÄĒeven if the show is run by members of the much-maligned Varisian ethnic group. With strange and exotic beasts, scandalous performances, games of chance, and all the other fun of a traveling fair, who could resist such an opportunity for entertainment?
      Unfortunately for both the town and the circus, however, entertainment isn’t the only opportunity the carnival presents. 
       
       Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide are OK.
       
      Character Generation:
      Attributes: 4d6, reroll all 1's, drop lowest die.  This will yield attribute rolls of 6-18.
      Average Starting Gold for class.
      Alignments: LG, NG, CG, LN, TN.
       
      The hope would be that once we finish this one, we'll be able to start another with the same characters...
    • By Maglok
      I painted this dude up as my technomancer for our Starfinder campaign. The idea is his coat is very tech-ey. I used a Bones Chronoscope miniature and modded in some antenna. Also slightly purple skin, cause this is a Lashunta.
       
         
  • Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...