Fantasy Picture Books

cornbread

Hi All,

I just got back from the local book stores (borders).

I was looking for a general picture book that was full of fantasy art. They had books fron BORIS and Julie Bell, which is great for showing BIG muscles. I was looking for more of an adventure character book. I was hoping for something that was like the art from Dragon magazine, without all of the articles.

Does anyone know of such a book??

Corn

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your looking for art similar to that of the Dragon and Dungeon magazines, you are wanting to see Todd Lockwoods art. He did a lot of the artwork for the two magazines, and was one of the chief concept designers to the art on the third edition dungeons and dragons books. He's easily my favorite artists as well. He recently came out in a art book called Transitions wich showcases lots of his artwork. You can get the book here.

Again, I'd highly recommend most of the artwork he has done. He's an awesome artists, and most likely exactly what your looking for.

Nik

Michael Whelan does some really nice cover art as well. I don't know if he has any books published with his collections though.

Yep. Michael Whelan did put out a collection of his Ballantine book covers, called Michael Whelan's Works of Wonder. It's actually a mix of SF/Fantasy art.

Damon.

Hi All,

I just got back from the local book stores (borders).

I was looking for a general picture book that was full of fantasy art. They had books fron BORIS and Julie Bell, which is great for showing BIG muscles. I was looking for more of an adventure character book. I was hoping for something that was like the art from Dragon magazine, without all of the articles.

Does anyone know of such a book??

Corn

I know I remember seeing a book called 'The Art of Dragon Magazine'

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid...=1856&meta_id=1

Also you can look for the Dragon magazine Archive....it's got 1-250, and includes all the covers....

Just a thought...