What Slicer Are You Using?

I saw Lychee getting some high praise. I've downloaded it and reviewed some bits but haven't gotten deep into it.

I remember for a minute, before companies started providing pre-supports that I was using Prussa Slicer to get some good starting support placement.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly Chitubox.

Lychee for the ones that used Lychee, I like it better than Chitubox, bit less familiar, so sticking with Chitu for a while. But unless something changes, I will be switching over.

Cura for the CR 6, better for the filament handling, but I am avoiding the CR 6 except for terrain tiles, happier with the Sonic Mini.

2 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

I saw Lychee getting some high praise. I've downloaded it and reviewed some bits but haven't gotten deep into it.

I remember for a minute, before companies started providing pre-supports that I was using Prussa Slicer to get some good starting support placement.

Unfortunately though, so many of the resin printers have proprietary file formats The work flow would have to be import to prusa, add auto supports, spend time  tweaking support placement anyway because while it's good it's not perfect. Then export with supports and import to ChituBox to slice.  
Personally I found it less work to just manually place the supports in chitu now....

• Like 2

I use FormWare. 

It's a commercial program, though, typically $150, so you really have to like it. 

(You can download it for a 30day no limit test, then it needs a license code to continue working)    

They have support for 3D rodents if you have one.   

It supports Anycubic printers(not the Zero, yet, but if anyone wanted to put together their own profile it shouldn't be difficult), the KUDO3D printers(from the Bean up to monsters that does 12micron work), Sonic, elegoo and a whole lot others.   

• Like 1

I have a Photon S, so Anycubic has proprietary software. Oddly after the last software upgrade I did on it, I was able to bypass Photon Workshop, but for some reason I can't now. Anyways, I do my supports & other file manipulation in Chitubox (8.whatever I think). I then save the file as a stl & open it in Photon Workshop to do the slicing & getting into the format that the S reads. Both are free so I don't mind using both, but it would be nice just to use one slicer again.

I do like the update in 8, that makes adding in manual supports easier then before.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

Powerful, just not user friendly.

Could this be recent updates that improve the ease of use? I genuinely haven't had issues and have found it pretty intuitive with minimal questions to others so far. I did come from Cura but wasnt exactly an expert or anything.