Hopefully it looks better in Mobile, but the PC formatting is all messed up with the latest update. Hopefully just a couple style sheet fixes. The 'page' buttons are laid out vertically instead of horizontally, growing multi-page topics:
image.thumb.png.b0d898e5798ca5c7580b115a2f987ee7.png

more feedback to follow.

Took me a while to find the elipsis to edit this post, it's moved to the left now instead of on the right where it belongs.
image.thumb.png.1485b9c333d5f55ca79e4cc9dc3c56fb.png
The table on the right is just all sorts of wonky:

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 5
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On mobile you can't read a good portion of the first but, since everything overlaps... 

Screenshot_20210323-095100_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5aa93be08f2d429593170766be9ec113.jpg

It's also painfully bright now, almost as if for some reason they went for pure white instead of that slight off white it used to be. 

• Like 1

Huh. Looks mostly normal to me.  I see a few style changes, like there is a blue border around my reply box as I type this, and the appearance of the Likes icons has changed.  The only major difference is in the threads, the replies seem to have shifted to the left, leaving a big white space on the right half of the screen, as if it is formatted for a phone. 

I'm guessing Kit applied some upgrades to the forum software last night. 

• Like 3

Reporting it on mac 10.13.1 on chrome 89.0.4389.90.

After 21 years of updates breaking things, I'm definitely looking forward to (hopefully) retiring some day. Had a Windows Update last year break our security software, so all our public computers were writeable. I was able to put in overtime to uninstall and roll everything back (except one computer that I didn't get to within the 10 day window you can roll back!!). Customer support also hard to come by, vendors always blame each other and look for the first reason to nope out of support.

If we do end up with Skynet, it will be unintentional. Someone trying to run adobe updater on a fridge will wipe out humanity while all the defense robots make ice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is there some purposeful reason for the enormous amount of wasted space being generated in the forum index pages? It seems to be caused by the sub-page links being generated in a vertical list rather than a horizontal one.

Maybe that's better for people accessing the site on their phone screens? I wouldn't know. I just know that it pointlessly reduces the amount of content I can see on my computer screen without having to scroll.

• Like 2