Serpent Summoner by Glitterwolf

Glitterwolf

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

I imagine Dr. Hartmann shouldn't have skipped Dr. Jones' class... "Snakes. Why did it have to be snakes?"

I love that scenery, and how your keep adding to it with your 3d prints. Please keep doing more. 🙂

Thank you!

I will certainly use my backdrops for anything that fits the Project.

Both the Jungle and the Desert Board see a lot of use.

13 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

hey snake! Your arms are showing!  Says the goofy kid with a death wish!

Nice job! I like the color choices looks like a lot of fun!

Thank you.

One of the things I love about reptiles, fish and birds you can go crazy with colours.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By knarthex
      S, since I nly have 4 Orc archers, 1 Xvart wizard, and 1 Duskwarden and here dog going into prep, I needed to add this too....😵
      Anyone have a good name for him?

and mybe some color ideas?, remembering his skin will be orange....

Thanks for looking!

The Drow
    • By Glitterwolf
      Design Great Grimoire
      Base Design CastnPlay.
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars ( basic but still going strong!)

This is the first Zombie Deckhand for my Vampire Coast Army
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/97971-vampire-coast-army-and-other-pirates/page/2/#comments

• By RouterMike
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dragonworkshop/gothic-taverns

Chris Hunt has just launched his modular Gothic Tavern. This thing is extremely customizable, from a small way-stop to a sprawling Inn. His Shipworks Kickstarter delivered well and he has been very active with his Patreon the past few years. Most of the building add-ons for this project were recent Patreon rewards. He is great with communicating with the community on his Discord channel.

This would be a great place for all of the tavern bits from the Green Griffon Tavern set to hang out.

Unfortunately, I'm not great at adding the media bits to the Kickstarter announcements. Please check this one out.
    • By Inarah
      These are from a 3d printable Rocks and Plants crowdfunder I backed last year.  The company is called Print Your Monsters, and I've been very pleased with how they come out. 

The base of each flower is ~30mm. 

• By Aard_Rinn
      Reptile-people... I use a *lot* of reptile-people in games. Not my games, necessarily - but there's a couple published books that are heavy on Yuan-ti, and a years-long campaign I was in had whole tribes of lizardfolk.

With that said, this isn't the first time I've tried painting up a good-sized unit of lizardfolk warriors for one of my games. The first time, I used Reptus - but, I'll be honest, the pinning and gluing on them was a ton of work, and while I love some of the sculpts, they're pretty big for lizardfolk. Then I tried the Van Horne lizardfolk, the metal ones from KS1, but... honestly, there just aren't enough of them. Two sculpts, a ranged and melee fighter, does not a raiding party make, which is a shame, because they're probably my favorite interpretation of lizardfolk.

So, round three. This time, I really put in the research! I love how Julie Gunthrie does reptiles, and so I started looking at her offerings with Reaper. The Serpentfolk Evoker from Pathfinder is an old favorite, and poking around, I eventually found three more options by her - the Degenerate Serpentfolk, Serpentfolk Warrior, and Lizardman Shaman.

So, with something adjacent a plan in mind, I bungled off to Reapercon last year to pick up my latest attempt at lizardy goodness - four each of the warriors, and three of the evoker, for 15 yuan-ti minis or 12 lizardfolk.

Fortunately, figures-in-hand, I knew I had made the right choice. These minis are *very* close in size, and around the same as or slightly smaller than a large PC figure. They've got tails - a big plus, I'm sorry, both yuan-ti and lizardfolk deserve tails IMO - and generally look like they were sculpted to go together. I wish there were one or two more in this set - maybe an archer and another swordsman - but it's a good looking group!

My goal is to paint them up in such a way that they can serve as either yuan-ti OR lizardmen without much issue, since I'd rather not have to paint two groups. Therefore, I'm going old-school - green skin with lots of browns and reds in the armor and on the clothing, red or yellow eyes, and so on. The one exception will be the Serpentfolk Evoker - I want to do two of him in green, but also make an albino cobra version of him so that I can use it as a commander.

So far, they're cleaned and glued to bases. I've also got a new cell phone arriving today, so part of my goal is to get some better pics.... we'll see how it goes!