I should have started this at the beginning of the year but a few months late is better than never. I've been working on getting stuff together for Q2 and some things for the rest of the year. For the quarterly stuff I'm going to continue to work on Grimtalon...that I don't think I have a WIP thread for and my large group has settled on doing a townsfolk theme and I'm doing the Fishwife from Dreadmere in Bones 4 KS. I have a diorama in the works but I really don't know if I'm going to finish it this quarter.

My list for April:

Theme: (Vampire):

Jahenna, Female Vampire (77669)

Limited Palette:

Purple, Orange, Pink

Styx Purple, Fire Orange, Runic Glow

Giant Frog (44024)

Player Character:

Lysette, Elven Mage (Bones USA (30001))

Monster:

Gulper (44038)

Duo:

Cyclops (77705)

Trio:

Merowyn Lightstar (77675)

New Release:

Darius the Blue (Bones USA (30002))

Freebie:

D’Tenian, d10 (77647)

Will get some photos up soon.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 5
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finished up the Giant Frog for the limited palette.  

Done!  

I'm missing Jahenna here because I just ordered her last night.  

Posted Images

I ended up having to do family stuff all weekend and then by the time that was over it was today and I had a neurology appointment. So I will try tomorrow, after we figure out what's going on with our dishwasher, and paint and photo some stuff.

• Like 3

Working on another skin layer. Not ready for highlights yet. Also, trying to figure out what color I want this gown to be. It's going to be sheer. I'm thinking red is too cliché. But might go red anyway since I have a clear red paint.

20210406_110923.thumb.jpg.1b9b24f507a00ac02c03ca6610cf2ed9.jpg

• Like 10

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      I am looking for something to put on Grimtalon's base that will look like desert sand. I have found a few things but I am not sure how well they will work. I don't really want to spend 10$ for Citadel technical paints if at all possible. I thought Army Painter might have some but alas they do not.

I did find some Vallejo desert sand gel. Has anyone worked with this before? If so, how did it come out?

Are there other options I have not considered that might work? I'm still fairly new to basing so I want to put a little more effort than "winging it" for this.
    • By SparrowMarie
      Did this up for the Q2 seasonal RCL challenge.

• By Maledrakh
      I have been slightly less of a workaholic in May than in April, so I have been able to do some quartely challenges as well as the monthlies. I am probably not going to be able to paint anything else this month, so here goes.
      These were all painted for the Reaper challenge league May, and again, squeezed in between work. So, low effort speed painting is the key. which also shows that is it possible to get quite decent results in a short time as long as you accept there will be some rough bits.

there are some pictures below

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By Kuroneko
      This is my entry for the seasonal category in the Reaper Challenge League. I picked St Patricks Day as my holiday and found this adorable little fellow and his buddy in the Reaper Store. Normally I paint much bigger, meaner looking minis so this pair were a really nice change of pace. All comments and criticisms are, as always, very welcome.

There was a slight hitch when taking the photographs for the mini. I was taking the photos in an area with great natural light, but I was interrupted by an angry Kurogane who was furious that his sleeping spot had been hijacked for something as trifling as miniature photography :D

The mini suffered 1d2 bite damage to his hat.....

.....and the perpetrator showed a distinct lack of remorse! Such is a life with feline overlords The mini was quickly fixed with some paint plastic surgery. Thanks for looking everyone!

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)