Monique de Noir

House of Dexter

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hair is awesome!! by far my favorite part. The armor is really well done too. My only remark is on the tip of the sword (rear facing side) the highlight is kind of rough and could use some smoothing. I'm also not a huge fan of her face but it's not lacking in it's charm.

Great mini overall!

Yup...the backside of the sword needs work...I'll work on that...

The Gold NMM...actually has more mustard to yellow highlights...when I use my softwares tint control to get the other colors right...it takes out a bit to much yellow. Have to work on that...

After looking at the picture...I think the sword hand around the finger nails could use a bit more definition...it looks to blur into a mass of fingernails..

The armour and the front side of the sword are really good! However, the red color of the clothing could have been highlighted a bit smoother, plu is has a sort of pinkish tone that I don't really like. Other than that it's a good job! Keep it up!

I like alot of this model as the others have already said, especially the hair and skin colouring, makes her appear young in face but ancient at the same time as befits a vampire !

O.K. You asked for dislikes, The one area I'm not too keen on is the fangs. I think they are just too bright white maybe. Just my opinion of course, and I realise that it could be the picture and in real life they may not appear like that at all ! ::D:

k...

1)...the yellows and reds...seem off...think the software over compensated...like it took out the yellows...making the reds look pink instead of red orange...the last hight light in red should be red orange(blood red)...This also made the NMM gold look a bit flat...as there is very little yellow.

2)heh...the teeth are painted on-I agree they are a bit to white...I'll work on them...

3)yeah...not totally happy with the eyes...was getting a bit tired when I was trying to white highlight the pupils... :wow:

k...

1)...the yellows and reds...seem off...think the software over compensated...like it took out the yellows...making the reds look pink instead of red orange...the last hight light in red should be red orange(blood red)...This also made the NMM gold look a bit flat...as there is very little yellow.

2)heh...the teeth are painted on-I agree they are a bit to white...I'll work on them...

3)yeah...not totally happy with the eyes...was getting a bit tired when I was trying to white highlight the pupils... :wow:

Yeah, that is the frustrating part, I think... getting the color right in the picture.

She's a brilliant paintjob though. :)