• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that’s underhanded to change that after the fact. 

I almost want to create a second KS account and just split my pledge amount between the two accounts, but the hassle of it is stopping me at the moment. 

2 hours ago, R2ED said:

I'm totally stoked for this KS. I haven't bought one before from D&L so this should be pretty rad. 

You won’t be disappointed based on the DL2 stuff I’ve been combing through. The stretch goals alone are mind-boggling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ended up backing for the Townsfolk pledge level. Between the townsfolk minis and the stretch goals I ended up getting about 160 minis + almost 100 terrain pieces + rooms for a price that was too good to refuse.

I'm actually really happy that most of the stretch goal minis and Townsfolk minis are NPC minis. That's the one part in my collection that is really lacking currently.

The miniatures only pledge level does not list the stretch goals as part of the reward.  They would be purchased as add-ons, at which point you may as well just get the Village pledge. Unless you did the Town level, in which case nevermind.

1 hour ago, Auberon said:

The miniatures only pledge level does not list the stretch goals as part of the reward.  They would be purchased as add-ons, at which point you may as well just get the Village pledge. Unless you did the Town level, in which case nevermind.

I did the Village pledge for £85, which is the Townsfolk minis + core set + 3 rooms + stretch goals. I'm basically treating the core set and rooms like added bonuses as the minis and extra terrain bits were what I wanted.

• Like 1

I'm most likey going to go for double Village or Town. Kinda depens on how expensive shipping on double Village would be. I'm less interested in the actual new Woodhaven stuff, as I have a lot of cool 3D print buildings, but the sewers and dungeon systems look useful to me. My party always likes to fight in random hallways or around stairs I've nothing prepared for, so this should come in handy.

2 hours ago, Nunae said:

I'm most likey going to go for double Village or Town. Kinda depens on how expensive shipping on double Village would be. I'm less interested in the actual new Woodhaven stuff, as I have a lot of cool 3D print buildings, but the sewers and dungeon systems look useful to me. My party always likes to fight in random hallways or around stairs I've nothing prepared for, so this should come in handy.

I’m thankful to read this as I no longer feel alone in my lack of preparation for the fact that my players are staying in the damned hallway in lieu of the actual room

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Olaf the Stout said:

I did the Village pledge for £85, which is the Townsfolk minis + core set + 3 rooms + stretch goals. I'm basically treating the core set and rooms like added bonuses as the minis and extra terrain bits were what I wanted.

Fair enough.  I've seen people miss things like that so I was just making sure.

7 hours ago, Adrift said:
10 hours ago, Nunae said:

I’m thankful to read this as I no longer feel alone in my lack of preparation for the fact that my players are staying in the damned hallway in lieu of the actual room

Why fight in hallways?  They are narrow and the right size to roll a boulder down.

• Haha 1

Not sure if y'all are into sharing what you got, but here's my tally. I'm pumped. 

Going to put in for the rooms: 

Stone Tower

Roof set

Warlock alter

Screenshot_20210520-185637_Gmail.thumb.jpg.b5fa61722ed02ca83d28390998b825c6.jpg

• Like 3

Somebody's gonna be busy! 😄

Just two buildings and a sewers for me. I already have the dungeon-themed Fantasy Core Set and rooms from D&L2. At the rate I paint, I'll still be able to pick up some D&L3 stuff in a future D&L. 😒 (Next Archon KS will be SF.) BTW, I highly recommend the Cursed Cathedral, which can be used in fantasy, sf, and modern-day! If anyone wants some suggestions, describe what build you want (eg. dungeon, village and number of buildings, castle including size, etc.).

Village Pledge:

* Sewers Core Set: I don't have sewers, so... sewers!

* Roof Set: 20 game tiles of roofs for two 9 game tile sets.

* Wooden Cottage Room: Inn, tavern, NPC's home, etc.

* Tudor Mansion Room: Inn, tavern, rich jerk's home, etc.

Add-Ons:

* Woodhaven Doors: Sets and Rooms do not come with doors. Can use the stone doors with my Fantasy Core Set, I guess.

* Wooden stairs: Can actually get two stairs out of this. Sorta.

* Doorways Fantasy Themes: Includes four roofs. The doorways go with (and I already have) the Functional Doors set.

* Balustrades: Useful as fences! You plebes, get out of my garden! 😄

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 3

We went for just the single village pledge but are still unsure what options we will go for with the rooms. 

There are plenty of excellent minis in the KS, many more than I expected. They will add to my ever increasing backlog. The ones that me and Mrs. GG will make someone on EBay happy. 

The KS is incredible value for money, without a doubt.

• Like 2