On 5/21/2021 at 6:06 PM, R2ED said:

Anyone got any painting videos for D &L they suggest for their walls and such.  I'll need some guidance on them. 

I posted some beginner-level videos on my "Advance to Tabletop" YT channel for D&L : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeK2JAOwNegIL1C5gB8qKpA

On 5/24/2021 at 9:44 AM, Tasso said:

Has anyone seen a good breakdown of how much D&L one would need to build a 3x3 skirmish table, preferably with multiple levels?

I got as far as "How much space does a Fantasy Core Set cover" 🙂 42 2"x2" game tiles, or just over 1 sq ft per Core Set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTBfOpOvjc

I'm close to finishing up a Sewers preview set, so will post a video of it in a few days! 

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

SO if you want minis, is it better to just order the specific packs of minis or are there exclusives or better deals in ordering a terrain set and swaping out some for minis? 

You cannot swap room sets for more miniatures. The swap is only one way; swapping away the starter mini’s for an extra room. 

If you ONLY want miniatures, then the €34 Townsfolk set is the pledge for you. The €99 dragons add-on would be a good option as well. 

However, if you want ALL the mini’s offered, then the €85 Village pledge is where you want to put your money. Because you’ll get the townsfolk, the stretch goal mini’s, including the big one-per-backer miniatures (Pepe the Giant, the Un’gry Troll, and the Ghost Dragon) that aren’t included in the stretch goal add-on (€25), and would need to be purchased separately if you wanted them (€25, €13, €29, respectively). Plus, the KS page doesn’t even list the Phoenix as a separately-purchasable add-on (though it may be; I haven’t filled out the PM yet).

Seriously, if miniatures are what you are after, the €85 Village pledge is where you want to be. It should be easy enough to sell the terrain sets if you truly don’t want them. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:

You cannot swap room sets for more miniatures. The swap is only one way; swapping away the starter mini’s for an extra room. 

If you ONLY want miniatures, then the €34 Townsfolk set is the pledge for you. The €99 dragons add-on would be a good option as well. 

However, if you want ALL the mini’s offered, then the €85 Village pledge is where you want to put your money. Because you’ll get the townsfolk, the stretch goal mini’s, including the big one-per-backer miniatures (Pepe the Giant, the Un’gry Troll, and the Ghost Dragon) that aren’t included in the stretch goal add-on (€25), and would need to be purchased separately if you wanted them (€25, €13, €29, respectively). Plus, the KS page doesn’t even list the Phoenix as a separately-purchasable add-on (though it may be; I haven’t filled out the PM yet).

Seriously, if miniatures are what you are after, the €85 Village pledge is where you want to be. It should be easy enough to sell the terrain sets if you truly don’t want them. 

Thanks.  Exactly what I was looking for. I did the Townsfolk and Dragons add in but sounds like the VIllage is where it's at. 

• Like 1

We upgraded from the Townsfolk pledge to the Villager pledge in the pledge manager.   The value was just insane, and the shipping was hardly more. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Auberon said:

I'm a gonna have to decide on what I want at some point. Considering I have almost no terrain to go along with all of my minis, there's not really a bad choice... 

Well, I have overviews of the Cursed Cathedral, Torture Room, and Sewers set on my YT "Advance to Tabletop" channel. Hope you find some useful info there!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeK2JAOwNegIL1C5gB8qKpA

Also, don't forget the decorated bases add-on in the PM. 4EU:

9024831249e9e3794883e9cd967d5543_origina

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 4
58 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

Well, I have overviews of the Cursed Cathedral, Torture Room, and Sewers set on my YT "Advance to Tabletop" channel. Hope you find some useful info there!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeK2JAOwNegIL1C5gB8qKpA

Also, don't forget the decorated bases add-on in the PM. 4EU:

I did take a look at them earlier, which did help give me a better idea of how much space they cover in the real world.

So as I understand the way they have set up Gamefound, once you pay shipping on your current pledge it is locked.  However, if you decide you want some more rooms later you could start a new late pledge before the PM closes and get more that way.  You would take another hit for shipping though.

• Like 1

I played around in the app a bit to confirm what I expected.

D_L.thumb.jpg.0dd0aa874d33fadeeb1dec0406923369.jpg

• The Wooden Cottage does make an acceptable cottage.
  • The Tudor Mansion is really more of a Tudor house with only one set.  I supplemented it with a bit of the core set to make a stone first story.
  • The Cursed Cathedral isn't even a parish church with only one set.
  • I got 2.5 buildings out of the roof set.
  • One Street set is enough to make a small square, and I even had a few pieces left over.  For a city center with multiple market stalls and a fountain you'll need another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Filled out my survey today for my town pledge: 2 roof, 2 core sewer, 2 Tudor, 3 wooden cottage, townies, and 3 extra sets of bases for miniatures, a set of stairs, stretch goals. Should be a good haul. 

• Like 2

As some of you have more experience ... I'm in for 5 rooms. I have other terrain options for "Dungeons", so this is more about village / city interiors.

My "biggest" plan is to make a nice tavern. To that end, I think one Wooden Cottage and two Tudor Mansions should fit quite nicely.

So I have two more choices left ... options are: Stone Tower and Cursed Cathedral ... would it be better to take one of the two twice or both once? Does one of them go better with the Cottage or the Mansion than the other one?

(The builder app does not work well for me ... gotta play around a bit more with my system settings or whatever).

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, Auberon said:

I played around in the app a bit to confirm what I expected.

Great job!

9 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

My "biggest" plan is to make a nice tavern. To that end, I think one Wooden Cottage and two Tudor Mansions should fit quite nicely. So I have two more choices left ... options are: Stone Tower and Cursed Cathedral ... would it be better to take one of the two twice or both once? Does one of them go better with the Cottage or the Mansion than the other one?

I'd get one of each over multiples of one, because of how Archon sells the doorways. The doorways are sold as one or two doors of *each* Fantasy Room or Village Room. I think Stone Tower might work better with or as a building next to a tavern. A cathedral, of course, is a religious building, and I dunno how appropriate it would be next to a tavern! Auberon's diagram has a wood structure over a stone one, and I'd choose Towers as a generic stone village structure over Cathedral and Castle. 

Something I found out playing with game tiles is that, for RPG's, a large area is necessary for the miniatures to move around. Yet, if you're building a city, buildings tend to be small. (I made a YT video in my "Advance to Tabletop" channel building a city facade.) It's obviously a result of the limitations of a 1" grid, but most of us IRL can fit more than one thing in a 5' square area! A 2" wide stairway is 10' wide... a hallway is 10' wide... doors are over 5' wide... 2" x 3" bed translates to a bed that's 10' by 15'... a chair miniature is up to 5' wide... a barrel or chest takes up 5' of space... 😄

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Noice! Looks like their update this morning said their going to start shipping some of the rapid delivery in the next few days.  

Although, I'm kind of confused.  I had mixed items in my order.  Is i have rapid delivery with some, but but all, does that make for 2 shipments?  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, R2ED said:

Noice! Looks like their update this morning said their going to start shipping some of the rapid delivery in the next few days.  

Although, I'm kind of confused.  I had mixed items in my order.  Is i have rapid delivery with some, but but all, does that make for 2 shipments?  

I think it depends on which shipping method you selected. You had to pay extra for the rapid delivery items if you wanted them sent faster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I chose standard delivery for the entirety of my order. I’m drowning in stuff and Bones 5 will be here sooner, rather than later. 

• Like 1