Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 5/21/2021 at 6:06 PM, R2ED said:

Anyone got any painting videos for D &L they suggest for their walls and such.  I'll need some guidance on them. 

 

I posted some beginner-level videos on my "Advance to Tabletop" YT channel for D&L : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeK2JAOwNegIL1C5gB8qKpA

 

On 5/24/2021 at 9:44 AM, Tasso said:

Has anyone seen a good breakdown of how much D&L one would need to build a 3x3 skirmish table, preferably with multiple levels?

 

I got as far as "How much space does a Fantasy Core Set cover" 🙂 42 2"x2" game tiles, or just over 1 sq ft per Core Set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sTBfOpOvjc

 

I'm close to finishing up a Sewers preview set, so will post a video of it in a few days! 

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

SO if you want minis, is it better to just order the specific packs of minis or are there exclusives or better deals in ordering a terrain set and swaping out some for minis? 


You cannot swap room sets for more miniatures. The swap is only one way; swapping away the starter mini’s for an extra room. 
 

If you ONLY want miniatures, then the €34 Townsfolk set is the pledge for you. The €99 dragons add-on would be a good option as well. 
 

However, if you want ALL the mini’s offered, then the €85 Village pledge is where you want to put your money. Because you’ll get the townsfolk, the stretch goal mini’s, including the big one-per-backer miniatures (Pepe the Giant, the Un’gry Troll, and the Ghost Dragon) that aren’t included in the stretch goal add-on (€25), and would need to be purchased separately if you wanted them (€25, €13, €29, respectively). Plus, the KS page doesn’t even list the Phoenix as a separately-purchasable add-on (though it may be; I haven’t filled out the PM yet).

 

Seriously, if miniatures are what you are after, the €85 Village pledge is where you want to be. It should be easy enough to sell the terrain sets if you truly don’t want them. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ksbsnowowl said:


You cannot swap room sets for more miniatures. The swap is only one way; swapping away the starter mini’s for an extra room. 
 

If you ONLY want miniatures, then the €34 Townsfolk set is the pledge for you. The €99 dragons add-on would be a good option as well. 
 

However, if you want ALL the mini’s offered, then the €85 Village pledge is where you want to put your money. Because you’ll get the townsfolk, the stretch goal mini’s, including the big one-per-backer miniatures (Pepe the Giant, the Un’gry Troll, and the Ghost Dragon) that aren’t included in the stretch goal add-on (€25), and would need to be purchased separately if you wanted them (€25, €13, €29, respectively). Plus, the KS page doesn’t even list the Phoenix as a separately-purchasable add-on (though it may be; I haven’t filled out the PM yet).

 

Seriously, if miniatures are what you are after, the €85 Village pledge is where you want to be. It should be easy enough to sell the terrain sets if you truly don’t want them. 

 

Thanks.  Exactly what I was looking for. I did the Townsfolk and Dragons add in but sounds like the VIllage is where it's at. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We upgraded from the Townsfolk pledge to the Villager pledge in the pledge manager.   The value was just insane, and the shipping was hardly more. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Auberon said:

I'm a gonna have to decide on what I want at some point. Considering I have almost no terrain to go along with all of my minis, there's not really a bad choice... 

 

Well, I have overviews of the Cursed Cathedral, Torture Room, and Sewers set on my YT "Advance to Tabletop" channel. Hope you find some useful info there!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeK2JAOwNegIL1C5gB8qKpA

 

Also, don't forget the decorated bases add-on in the PM. 4EU:

 

9024831249e9e3794883e9cd967d5543_origina

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

 

Well, I have overviews of the Cursed Cathedral, Torture Room, and Sewers set on my YT "Advance to Tabletop" channel. Hope you find some useful info there!  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeK2JAOwNegIL1C5gB8qKpA

 

Also, don't forget the decorated bases add-on in the PM. 4EU:

 

I did take a look at them earlier, which did help give me a better idea of how much space they cover in the real world.

 

So as I understand the way they have set up Gamefound, once you pay shipping on your current pledge it is locked.  However, if you decide you want some more rooms later you could start a new late pledge before the PM closes and get more that way.  You would take another hit for shipping though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I played around in the app a bit to confirm what I expected.

 

D_L.thumb.jpg.0dd0aa874d33fadeeb1dec0406923369.jpg

 

  • The Wooden Cottage does make an acceptable cottage.
  • The Tudor Mansion is really more of a Tudor house with only one set.  I supplemented it with a bit of the core set to make a stone first story.
  • The Cursed Cathedral isn't even a parish church with only one set.
  • I got 2.5 buildings out of the roof set.
  • One Street set is enough to make a small square, and I even had a few pieces left over.  For a city center with multiple market stalls and a fountain you'll need another.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Filled out my survey today for my town pledge: 2 roof, 2 core sewer, 2 Tudor, 3 wooden cottage, townies, and 3 extra sets of bases for miniatures, a set of stairs, stretch goals. Should be a good haul. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

As some of you have more experience ... I'm in for 5 rooms. I have other terrain options for "Dungeons", so this is more about village / city interiors.

 

My "biggest" plan is to make a nice tavern. To that end, I think one Wooden Cottage and two Tudor Mansions should fit quite nicely.

So I have two more choices left ... options are: Stone Tower and Cursed Cathedral ... would it be better to take one of the two twice or both once? Does one of them go better with the Cottage or the Mansion than the other one?

(The builder app does not work well for me ... gotta play around a bit more with my system settings or whatever).

Edited by Knight of the Dinner Table
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Auberon said:

I played around in the app a bit to confirm what I expected.

 

Great job!

 

9 hours ago, Knight of the Dinner Table said:

My "biggest" plan is to make a nice tavern. To that end, I think one Wooden Cottage and two Tudor Mansions should fit quite nicely. So I have two more choices left ... options are: Stone Tower and Cursed Cathedral ... would it be better to take one of the two twice or both once? Does one of them go better with the Cottage or the Mansion than the other one?

 

I'd get one of each over multiples of one, because of how Archon sells the doorways. The doorways are sold as one or two doors of *each* Fantasy Room or Village Room. I think Stone Tower might work better with or as a building next to a tavern. A cathedral, of course, is a religious building, and I dunno how appropriate it would be next to a tavern! Auberon's diagram has a wood structure over a stone one, and I'd choose Towers as a generic stone village structure over Cathedral and Castle. 

 

Something I found out playing with game tiles is that, for RPG's, a large area is necessary for the miniatures to move around. Yet, if you're building a city, buildings tend to be small. (I made a YT video in my "Advance to Tabletop" channel building a city facade.) It's obviously a result of the limitations of a 1" grid, but most of us IRL can fit more than one thing in a 5' square area! A 2" wide stairway is 10' wide... a hallway is 10' wide... doors are over 5' wide... 2" x 3" bed translates to a bed that's 10' by 15'... a chair miniature is up to 5' wide... a barrel or chest takes up 5' of space... 😄

 

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Noice! Looks like their update this morning said their going to start shipping some of the rapid delivery in the next few days.  

 

Although, I'm kind of confused.  I had mixed items in my order.  Is i have rapid delivery with some, but but all, does that make for 2 shipments?  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R2ED said:

Noice! Looks like their update this morning said their going to start shipping some of the rapid delivery in the next few days.  

 

Although, I'm kind of confused.  I had mixed items in my order.  Is i have rapid delivery with some, but but all, does that make for 2 shipments?  

I think it depends on which shipping method you selected. You had to pay extra for the rapid delivery items if you wanted them sent faster.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I chose standard delivery for the entirety of my order. I’m drowning in stuff and Bones 5 will be here sooner, rather than later. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Marvin
      DCC Dying Earth
       
      A DCC RPG boxed set, officially licensed by the estate of Jack Vance. Adventure with IOUN Stones and The Excellent Prismatic Spray!
       





       
      Yikes, the resolution did not hold. I tried. Just click the link lol.
       
       
      Thinking about doing this one; while I found Vance kinda torturous to read, the world is fantastically fun. And I think it'd work really well with the good things I've heard about DCC, so I could give that a try in general.
    • By King Games
      Hi everyone, I wanted to share that we have just launched the third Dunkeldorf Kickstarter! Our last Kickstarter was focusing on "The Prancing Peacock" more or less a full tavern setting. 

      Our new Kickstarter still focuses on the town of Dunkeldorf, but this time it's all about a Brewer "Sven Wentzel" who's also the leader of a ruthless gang of thugs. There's also more focus on the mutants that dwell in the sewers beneath the town. Finally, the third "Faction" for this campaign is Witch Hunters and their Hired Swords who are en route towards Dunkeldorf to root out the mutants they've heard continued rumours about. 

      The Kickstarter can be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kinggames/the-kingpin-of-dunkeldorf - With our last 2 campaigns we unlocked a lot of Stretch Goals and included a bunch of extra free miniatures, accessories and pets and we hope to achieve the same this time! 🙂








    • By Rotten
      A Discordance with Dzyvatz
       
      Thanks for your support. This adventure is ready to print at the completion of the Kickstarter.
       
      Our first adventure, Secrets of the World Harvesters, is offered as PWYW during the Kickstarter. Observe the quality and back if it pleases you.
       
      <commerce link removed>
       
       


    • By Aard_Rinn
      One of my fellow party members is publishing their first adventure path on KS!
       
      "Lament of The Widow is a tale of thrilling mystery and cosmic horror, spanning over 20 elegantly appointed and thoroughly haunted rooms in the labyrinthine world of Moorehouse, each of which contains the potential for rich rewards, powerful magical items, or painful, agonizing failure. Behind our beautifully illustrated cover, players and Game Masters alike will be thrilled to find over 100 pages of carefully crafted maps, incredible illustrations, and detailed descriptions, as well as a new setting-appropriate background option,  brand new magic items, an update to a classic tabletop monster, and an array of original creatures created just for this setting, all brought to life by our passionate, talented team of artists. Will you brave the perils of the Infinite Manor, unravel its secrets and escape with your lives? Or will you remain forevermore within its halls, trapped in a cycle of suffering and torment without end? The choice is yours...if you have the strength to make it."
       
      It's got some really great art and cool monster concepts! Dalimar is pretty amazingly creative, too - I have 0 doubts it's going to be an awesome adventure.
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackpineac/lament-of-the-widow-an-adventure-in-the-infinite-manor

    • By lexomatic
      The toddler insisted on me removing the plastic piece from the puzzle game Blokus(tetris meets scrabble kinda) because it looked like game pieces left in the box. Nope, just a fancy display that made it hard to store/remove the game.
      I added some craft sticks to hint at my idea for a water park...  No timeline

  • Who's Online   29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...