Dungeons & Lasers Woodhaven

SamuraiJack

@R2ED What I was referring to is that in the context of a single room the ratio of included connectors doesn't match.  You have more interior connectors than needed, but not enough external ones to hold all of the walls surrounding the floor.  Once you add a second room or more and make more interior walls, you free up some of the exterior connectors. That is to say, like a core pack.

In the context of a KS backer it doesn't really matter as you get the connector packs.  As a retail package where someone might say "I'll buy a room just to try it out." I think they could do with a redesign. I know if I purchased something where it couldn't hold up all the walls I would be less than impressed.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard some rumors about the clear plastic so I decided to cut apart one sheet of my sewer set. I can confirm

• that it is brittle.  I didn't break any of the pieces but I did break the sprue.  I also sent a few trimmings flying with my cutter.
  • that the machining was slightly off.  The connectors go on super tight and are difficult to remove.  In fact they are so tight they can actually break themselves. I heard a pop during my test fit.  See upper right, below.
  • IMG_1924.thumb.JPG.94bc7cb61096d761782230ca49ab7869.JPG
  • OTOH the external wall connectors are so loose that they can't even hold themselves in place.  Adding the wall mostly fixes them in place, but they are still loose enough to rattle around.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I kept going back and forth on whether or not to late pledge for a few more rooms - so I could actually make a cursed cathedral rather than a village chapel and such - when my corporate masters announced their 4th quarter earnings and employee bonuses.  I ordered a few more rooms. :B):

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Glad to hear it! On the fence for an extra, Late Pledge, myself, but then I just heard about an Osprey sale, and picked up some Judge Dredd games. 😄

Anyway, had the same problems with the prototype connectors, and it's too bad they're still brittle. Did ask for clear plastic clips you could clip onto the tops of walls to hold them together, but no luck. I think if you file off the paint and the connector of the wall to the hole it might sorta help?

EDIT: Just a workaround, but it's likely your sewers will be on the lowest level of your city, so, in that case, you might get away with not connecting the sewer-to-sewer edges. You'll be painting the stone walkways, so can still use the standard connectors. If you picked up the Transparent sewers, instead of painting the sewers, you can slip a color printout of water or sewage or whatever underneath, anything to avoid painting! Someone even used their tablet or something with a repeat animation of water underneath. Otherwise, I've used Tamiya clear paints, followed by a wash.

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

The pledge manager for this closes tomorrow. Get any last-minute orders in today. 

Most of the legacy content will be available in the new D&L4: Encounters campaign that launches on Gamefound next week. Every single legacy item has increased in price between €1-€4 in the new campaign. So get them at a lower price in the D&L3 PM while you can. 

Got my stuff in yesterday! Pretty decent sized chunk of plastic. Excited to unpack it all. 

It came really well packed. I got the city pledge and some add ons. 

1502231200_IMG_20220610_0200557032.thumb.jpg.1c5ba30ddf0b11f52978cab727ecc394.jpg

Certainly looks like a lot more once it's out of the box. 

1411123215_IMG_20220610_0210505572.thumb.jpg.618c4ff3d4eed59975a7ec06192b8268.jpg

Seriously, not more than a minute after taking the last piece out. Obligatory cat pic.

IMG_20220610_021028208_HDR.thumb.jpg.cc50a4004b6d154f948fa42cc31ed688.jpg

Hope everyone gets their stuff soon!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, R2ED said:

I hate it when they send cats, too as box extras.   

Did you get a shipment notification before this arrived?  

Yep, I got a notification about two weeks ago. There was some sort of holdup in Germany being reported until a few days ago. Then I got another notice it had been cleared and it was here in no time after that.

• Thanks 1

> Got my stuff in yesterday! Pretty decent sized chunk of plastic. Excited to unpack it all. 

IIRC, D&L Fans FB said some backers (200 so far?) who got the trimmings add-on got one sprue instead of two. Also a few were missing boxes (?) and some pledges will be shipped in more than one shipment. Let us know how inventory goes - as well as miniatures scale vs. Bones and other mini's you have!

I got my shipping notification yesterday morning. It’s still in Poland. I saw some other US backer state they got theirs yesterday, just a week after it was shipped. So 1-2 weeks. Here’s hoping for the shorter end. 

FYI - as of this moment, the PM is still open. Get a last minute order in if you want it. 😜