• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Adrift said:

I’m def going to do more of the bases as an add on for a variety of miniatures, including Bones that i rebase. 

Are you sure the bases will be available as an Add On? I don’t recall that being said, though I may have missed it ...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Marc said:

Are you sure the bases will be available as an Add On? I don’t recall that being said, though I may have missed it ...

I don't recall bases as an add-on being mentioned yet. That said, Archon really ought to use the KS to gauge how much interest there might be in their sculpted bases as a stand-alone product. Maybe they're on the edge? If more people actually pestered them about it, they might cave (sooner).

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

I don't see it saying the bases as add-ons or as an option, but in the updates it mentions there's enough bases to choose from and to go around (whatever that means).  I'm hosting they're included with the core sets that are getting the townsfolk. 

• Like 1

I think the townsfolk set already had bases. From what I can tell, the bases go with the stretch goals - there was quite a tense period on the KS comments when it was revealed that most of the stretch goal minis were coming with plain round bases even though they are clearly pictured with the nice sculpted bases. Then, suddenly, there was the rather haphazard ‘reveal’ that there would in fact be a sprue of sculpted bases to go with the stretch goal minis.

Honestly I think what happened was that Archon realized they screwed up by showing the stretch goal minis with sculpted bases when they were actually coming with the plain bases, and then when there was very justified negative reaction about it, they quickly changed their minds and added the sprue of bases. I’m guessing that’s why the ‘reveal’ about the sculpted bases was so awkward, and why there is no Add On info etc about them. I really think the sprue of sculpted bases was damage control for them

We probably will see the bases as an Add On once they realize they didn’t do it yet

• Like 5

There's a thread in the KS comments for sculpted bases as an add-on! :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/archonstudio/dungeons-and-lasers-third-edition/comments

Some quick pics of other uses for the tiles besides dungeons -- a display for your mini's and a tray holder and background when you're taking pics of multiple groups of miniatures... 😄

DSC04264.JPG

DSC04206.JPG

• Like 7

Can somebody post some rooms built with this system beside some other tile systems?  I'd like to see how smoothly they transition into Warlock and Dragonlock tiles.

Bases will be in the PM! Will post more as I find out...

Martin BiggsSuperbackerabout 3 hours ago

I've talked to both Derek and Archon, about this. As they don't yet know how many bases are going to be on the sprue(s), the can't give a price yet. But they will be available in the Pledge Manager as an Add-on.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ced1106 said:

Bases will be in the PM! Will post more as I find out...

That makes sense, and I’ll def be adding a few sets of them in the PM. 

I don’t know what to do about ordering doors. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Adrift said:

I don’t know what to do about ordering doors. 

Yeah, the utility of the new designs really suffers from apparently not getting functional doors. I'll have to ask if the old functional doors will fit any of the new doorways.

EDIT: Old functional doors will not fit new doorways. Not having different doorway shapes for every damn style would be too customer friendly, I guess.

Edited by Arkady
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, AlonTey said:

Can somebody post some rooms built with this system beside some other tile systems?  I'd like to see how smoothly they transition into Warlock and Dragonlock tiles.

I don’t have any of the previous D&L sets, so I can’t show pictures of the exact line-up between them, but a D&L set-up that is 10 squares long will be 300mm, which is basically 12”.

I have Ettinstone tiles, but also have and use Warlock doors with them. I took this photo for a discussion on another forum. Maybe it helps you visualize a bit?

sY5gr1S.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1