• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, R2ED said:

I added another set of stretch goals for a second dragon

The Ghost dragon is not included in the stretch goals! You get one if you are in an eligible pledge, but it it's own add-on so you can add more that way ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Arkady said:

Does their pledge manager allow adding funds? I'm really uncertain about some of the add-ons, trying to figure if I even have a use for them.

It is my understanding that they are using Backerkit, so yes. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I really don't need two giants or ghost dragons...

So? If you only vought miniatures you *truly* need, you'd have stopped visiting this here forum years ago. ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

> I definitely have no idea which rooms to get. 

What game tiles do you already have? What sort of builds are you interested in? (Dungeon, village, castle)

DaveC on Dakka summarized the village pledge!

1 Townsfolk starter set - 63 minis
5 Rooms or 1 Core (Sewer or Fantasy) and 3 Rooms
1 Stretch Goals pack - 85 minis, 84 pieces of Terrain
including
1 x 4.7" Giant
1 x 3.3" Troll
1 x 6" Ghost Dragon
Fire, Air, Water Elementals
Iron and Flesh Golem
A Market place with 1 fixed stall, 1 cart stall, 1 cart and various scatter
Town scatter, benches, signposts, chimneys, outdoor privy and a fountain
A Tavern with sideboards, bed, bearskin rug, bath and a fireplace
A Blacksmith set with a forge, weapons, weapon chest and tools
A Bank set with a vault door, safe, coin bags and coin pile
Barracks set with Mortar, Ballista, flags, target and training dummy.
6 Gnolls
6 Kobolds
6 Skeletons
6 Goblins

Posted this on Show Off, but here's a rushed paintjob of the Torture Room. Other mini's are RBJ Game's "Yippers and Squealers" minitaures!

0967a8c350f9e95ee68b57e076d4cdbb_66741.j

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I definitely have no idea which rooms to get. I saw someone else indicate you can exchange two rooms for a dungeon or sewer set, but I don't see that on the KS. Not sure if I'd do that or rooms anyway, but still unclear.

Personally, I don’t really want the sets for walled dungeons for tabletop play (too many blocked sight lines), though they may certainly get used that way in a pinch. 

I’m primarily getting multiple Royal Castle and Stone Tower sets to serve as stand-alone buildings for outdoor skirmishes. 

As for the bolded bit, it’s right in the pledge tier descriptions on the campaign page. 

C1F1E600-DAE1-4188-B7E6-B3D6867FC417.thumb.jpeg.c48415b436181a1b1b29119cd49cada0.jpeg

• Like 2

Argh.  They're really making me question how to handle my pledge in the final hours.  There's so many stretch goals...maybe it's worth doing an extra pack? 

And a lot of those stretch goals go with the sewers...maybe I should do the sewers instead of two extra rooms.  After all they did look good painted up. 

And y'know if I'm going to do the sewers I really should get two sets of them, one just isn't enough for a proper setup.

g6m0rhy.gif.2bbdc033d4d290047753bce6d0627f50.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, ksbsnowowl said:

Personally, I don’t really want the sets for walled dungeons for tabletop play (too many blocked sight lines), though they may certainly get used that way in a pinch. 

I’m primarily getting multiple Royal Castle and Stone Tower sets to serve as stand-alone buildings for outdoor skirmishes. 

As for the bolded bit, it’s right in the pledge tier descriptions on the campaign page. 

C1F1E600-DAE1-4188-B7E6-B3D6867FC417.thumb.jpeg.c48415b436181a1b1b29119cd49cada0.jpeg

I must have misunderstood a prior poster then. I understood I could trade in a Core set for 2 rooms. I thought someone had indicated I could trade in 2 rooms and get another Core set, and that's the thing I wasn't seeing in the KS. I'm guessing I misunderstood.

So the final big update… swing… and a miss! In my opinion anyway. I was hoping for something a bit more…. “town building” focused. The market stall is now one per backer? And the add on market stall is the same as the stretchgoal one? They did not add the magic stall as the add on? Disappointing. The stretchgoals in D&L2 convinced us to do two pledges but this time just one for us. 

Derek the volunteer in the comments has been incredibly motivating but his activity highlights the lack of involvement from others. Maybe they are busy on other platforms like discord and Facebook? Considering all the enthusiasm shown before the campaign from my perspective it is feeling a bit anti-climatic to me. 

The big jump from the barbarian to the Phoenix feels out of step with their other stretchgoal intervals. 

I also would like the “furious” Phoenix to win but to be honest I think my feeling of anticlimactic disappointment has spoiled any real enthusiasm I have for whatever design wins. 

There are some brilliant minis on offer in this KS but I can not help but feel like a great opportunity for something more has been missed.

At the very least they should have made a two piece wide doorway with portcullis given the portcullis jokes on the Facebook live video Q&A sessions in the run up to the campaign.

And there should have been a castle pledge with enough pieces to make a D&L version of the old Citadel GW Castle.