Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So when I unpacked this Big Boi in 2017 I thought he would look really cool without wings. but I'm it will be a lot of careful work to carve off the joins and resculpt him, I just don't think I'm ready. In February I did the scales for my verocthulu conversion, and thought "I could have done that better."
So this is better.
This Dragon will be the colors or earth. Burnt Umber base, and a hide scattered with Burnt Sienna, Tusk Ivory, and Leather Brown with ochre and NNM gold colors on the belly.
perhaps some cool gray or blue washes in the shadows. The scales will be individually shaded, and the hide below staying the color of brown liner, or umber in the well lit areas.
So far its been about 4 hrs of work in sculpting, cleaning, gluing and mold line removal.
it took 45 min just to cover him in brown liner. He is a really big dragon, and I have no idea how long this is going to take.
but im getting a little obesessed - I don't want to schedule a meeting or go grocery shopping, I want to add more paint...
this feels like how I ended up with a dragon named Insomnia - who was painted almost entirely between 10pm and 7 am. I kept waking up with new color ideas.
Or the DDS2 dragon who I spent 2-4 hours a day painting for a solid week, and another hour a night for the week after.
The last picture is my inspiration for the scale colors - the eyes will be much simpler than this.
Good day everyone, I will share here my progression on a project I wish to do for a long time. I already know all the parts I'll be using for this diorama. Starting with the carefree 03082 Ingrid sculpted by Derek Schubert (I'm converting her as a svirfneblin prospector), accompanied by her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by a 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. I will also add a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging somewhere on the rock wall. I already worked on Ingrid. I removed the base and give her a pickaxe. I made her tool with a paperclip and a piece of scrap metal. This all-project idea started with the gemstone she’s holding in her left hand.
Alright. So I want to share some old skeletons with you to both show off some of my older paintjobs, and to reflect on my growth over the past two and a half years. An what better way to show off my growth in Bones, than with bones?
More Below Spoiler:
I am not a fan of repainting old models or painting another copy of something I've already painted. I have so many minis in my collection that I'd rather keep moving forward.
That said, I love painting similar things. It's a great opportunity to reflect on your past projects and to compare where you started to where you've come.
I'd love to see some before and after photos of some of your works!
So this past February, I got around to painting up these Bog Skeletons. I was in need of more swamp zombies for Rangers of Shadow Deep and had these guys laying around and figured it was the perfect excuse for painting them. Though I am a big fan of bog-bodies, I decided to lean more into a swampy look. I figured they could be a bit more colorful and I got a strong vision of a green-tone horde of skellies. Plus bogs are notorious for preserving bodies and these guys missing quite a bit of their flesh, organs, and hair.
More Below the Spoiler:
I had a lot of fun working on these guys. They're very colorful despite being monochromatic and I think they're among some of my best work. I tried out new techniques and pushed my skills. In the end I have a group of evocative minis that really imply a setting beyond the limits of their bases. I couldn't be prouder of these bone-boys.
I also recently shared some photos of some of my earlier attempts at painting skeletons. It was really fun looking back at where I started - especially since these models are very similar to the Skeleton Guardians. You can check out my old skeletons in the Show-Off post HERE.
Hello everyone. Here it is, I completed my chimeric aberration. At the heart of the barren wasteland, during a cursed journey to redemption, the champion met a limping chimeric aberration. It has the main features of a giant hound, a vulture head stretches out of its right side and a hulking insect head sits on the left side.
Every part I used are from Reaper Miniatures. The main body is a 02817 Moor Hound sculpted by Ben Siens. The two extra heads are from 03069, Hooked Hulk sculpted by Michael Brower which are included in 03440 creature components pack 2. The spiked tail is from a 14456 Mastema sculpted by Julie Guthrie, included in 03334 Creature Components. The wings are from a 03641 Gunslinger model sculpted by Bob Ridolfi. I finally swapped its left side paws for claw and a palmed foot at the back. These parts are part of the 03440 creature components pack 2.
The colors are all Reaper MSP paint. I was inspired by the Cù-Sìth from the Scottish folklore for the main body. The additional heads have traditional vulture and praying mantis colors. Due to the large size of the monster, I built a 50mm wide base. I plan to create the stats for this monster and build a surprise encounter for my fellow D&D player. Let me know what you think about it.
Here is the link to the WIP.
More pics under the spoiler.
Who's Online 14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)