Ral Partha Earth Elemental, sculpted by Jim Johnson

72moonglum

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

It's a very detailed model, I love the way the minerals and the plants "roots" come together to form the elemental. You have done an excellent job of highlighting the various elements.

Yeah, it is very detailed.  Initially it was very intimidating, because I thought with all that detail, it was going to be really hard to paint, but once I established the colors I was going to use for the roots, that issue kind of disappeared and it went rather smoothly.

18 hours ago, Iridil said:

Really beautiful realization of this sculpt! The wonderful use of blue gems and grey stone (unliving) with the organic wood and vines - perfect!

Thank you Iridil!  He actually ended up very fun to paint and I think he turned out okay!

12 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I agree with KruleBear; the blue gemstones was a great choice. :winkthumbs:

Thank you Chaoswolf! Hopefully it was enough contrast without being too much!

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Strange fellow, I like it!

The earthy tones are spot on!

Thank you Glitterwolf!

I painted one of the lesser earth elementals years ago, where I tried doing something similar with lots of different earth tones:

Lesser Elementals

Going back to this post, I didn't realize that it was as far back as 2006 when I painted it!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Samedi said:

Very nice paint job!

Some of the Ral Partha had some weird poses - looks like John Travolta modelled for the sculpt. :lol:

Thank you very much!

with this one, it came in two pieces, the hammer/axe hand was a separate piece.  The majority of Partha miniatures are single pieces, at least the man-sized ones.  This one is pretty large, probably 3-3.5 inches.

• Like 1