APRIL 2021 :: Getting To Know You Thread

TGP

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question, April 6th: Pretend you won the contest from Monday (yesterday). An Ancient People names their city after you, what is the name of the City?

Thornehome!

... I mean, technically, there's already a town out there I share a name with. >.>

• Like 8

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question, April 6th: Pretend you won the contest from Monday (yesterday). An Ancient People names their city after you, what is the name of the City?

Depends on where it's built.

• In ancient Greece, it could be Crankopolis.
  • In modern California, it could be Los Perrogroonio (simplified Perro Gruñón).
  • In any Welsh region, it could be Maecigafaelgaryngymraegynedrychynrhyfedd... [almost faints from losing breath]

And for the last time, STOP BURNING DOWN MY TEMPLES! I'm sorry for making Comic Sans the official city font.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Thoramopolis. I'm not giving any ancient people's who think I'm some sort of Olympian my real name, even if they do name a city after me. Then it would just be constant praying for this and that, beseeching me for favors of all kinds, asking for boons, and attributing any random good event to my benevolence or bad event to my moods. I'm a busy guy, I don't have time for all that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

11 hours ago, TGP said:

Polychromatopolis, City of Glorious Colours, Place of the Multitude of Hues, Most Holy Sanctum of the Sacred Pigments, Paint Station of the Gods, That Which Lies Beneath the Blessed Rainbow. Having such a long name highly encourages the citizens to conquer as much of the surrounding lands as possible so that they can fit the name on any future maps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, TGP said:

What makes you all think they're going to name the city in ENGLISH?::P:

Poli Ton Lykon

• Like 8

🕳️

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Pendraklion

Edited by TGP
There is a real Greek town someplace named Heraklion, so I figured my worshipful minions could be on an adjacent island. Names don't necessarily have to sound quasi-greek. I think the "reason for edit" field has been enhanced to allow more characters……….?
  • Like 10

On 4/5/2021 at 1:42 AM, TGP said:

Question, April 5th: Poseidon and Athena(you know this bit already)... If you were an Olympian, what would you gift your people in hopes of winning the contest?

The internet.

20 hours ago, TGP said:

Knowing my luck, I'd probably get stuck with one of those weird names like Peculiar, Accident, Whynot, or Moron. Probably Moron.

(Yeah, those are all real.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 4/6/2021 at 12:42 AM, TGP said:

Silversage! That's usually my town name in games. Or Friendly Farm in farming ones. ^_^

15 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Polychromatopolis, City of Glorious Colours, Place of the Multitude of Hues, Most Holy Sanctum of the Sacred Pigments, Paint Station of the Gods, That Which Lies Beneath the Blessed Rainbow. Having such a long name highly encourages the citizens to conquer as much of the surrounding lands as possible so that they can fit the name on any future maps.

Yeah, that's amazing. I'm gonna need you to write my resume, art portfolio thing, etc.... I can pay in a variety of many-hued snacks.

52 minutes ago, TGP said:

🕳️

Question, April 7th: What flower are you most looking forward to seeing bloom in the spring?

Alllll of theeeeeeem.

Bluebonnets and Texas Paintbrushes are always a gorgeous combo. We had some coming up a few weeks ago when camping! I love our flowering trees too, before the leaves come in, like Redbuds!! We also get a lot of cute "weeds" with absolutely tiny flowers if you know to look down.

I know they're terribly invasive and they don't typically flower until it's stupidly hot outside, but water hyacinths! They look so cool!

(I've also always wanted to see real crocuses, snowdrops, and tulips. I'm much too far south for those.)

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1