• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This pair were made for each other! Great job - love how their coloring matches, how you added a touch of color with saddle and the reptile look of the tortise skin. Great job detailing the bundles - I too am intimidated by them so mine is unpainted (nothing to do with the '20' other unpainted minis...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Samedi said:

Love the turtle!

Thanks, I really like how he came out!

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

It came out well.  I have one, but I dread painting all the little bundles. 

I chose the easy path here in that I painted each similar item the same (most of the things on the turtle's back are duplicated at least once if not twice and i left the color the same for each item I think the only one i changed was the linen bundles in the back because they were right next to each other.  I took one and added some free hand.  the piece that took the most thought was the saddle.  I think that came out amazing and our trader must have paid really well for that saddle upholstery,  on the other hand that saddle looks mighty uncomfortable to ride on for any length of time!  

4 hours ago, Iridil said:

This pair were made for each other! Great job - love how their coloring matches, how you added a touch of color with saddle and the reptile look of the tortise skin. Great job detailing the bundles - I too am intimidated by them so mine is unpainted (nothing to do with the '20' other unpainted minis...)

I took them a little bit at a time as i painted other miniatures.  When I had some extra brown or green or white or grey or metal, i would use it to fill in another piece of the puzzle until everything was completed.

2 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Awesome work! The turtle's shell looks very natural, I love it.

thanks!  you can complement the american box turtle for the coloration although there is a part of me that says i should do one of these with a brighter shell and a more leathery skin but this is what I went with and i dont see any use for more than one of these guys.  although the concept of a caravan of turtle traders rising out of the swamp could be downright freaky!

• Like 4