2021: Painting during the Pandemic (April's foolish goals)

Broke my laptop around the start of March, which is why I haven't been posting for a while. BUT! That problem is in the past now and I've got a lot of stuff on the shelf.
-Salem Sisters from Dracula's America (mostly done)
-Civilians from NorthStar 1672 (partly done)
-May Queen and scarecrow from Crooked Dice
-Reaper Beastmen of the Wyld (half done)
-Reaper Pig and Cart (done)
-Reaper Brigands and Peasants (as done as they'll get)
-Reaper Kenku fighter and rogue (first 90% done)
-Reaper Pack Tortoise and Drayman (mostly done)
-Reaper Poppy Cloverlocks

Goals this month are finish, photograph, and post! Then I can take a crack at the heap of things I haven't even started. 

Edited by Rigel
Progress!
  • Like 8

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/5/2021 at 4:57 PM, Brianuk said:

I've had a set of vikings in my eye line for some time, purely historical minis, that id put on this thread about ten times... They are nearly done now. I'd had them primed with leather brown and then washed for some time and I was just able to go through and batch paint really easily. A wash, and a base treatment then they're done. 

I sort of want to crack the goblin pirates, and then paint and assemble some terrain for Stargrave, because these are cluttering up my eye line and I will be able to come up with some fun new projects. In particular, I really want to crack on with my bloodstone gnomes army and have the itch to try something historical or different scale. 

I managed to finish the vikings. I just need to prime and paint 4 berserkers and a warlord and then the army is done to an acceptable size for the Saga wargame. 

I also painted up a nice vampire warband, nearly all Reaper, including some Crimson knights. 

The goblin pirates are still staring at me. As are a number of terrain projects taking up too much space. 

That said, one way or another (mainly through luck and batch painting) I finished 105 models this month. 

One thing that helped me get through all the half painted individual models (in particular from KS and Bones IV) was to have 10 instant coffee lids with minis stuck to them. I'd work through a colour or a stage at a time and only add new ones when all 10 were done. 

• Like 6

On 4/8/2021 at 5:08 PM, SparrowMarie said:

The forum is formatting things weirdly for me but maybe it's just me not used to the new site yet.

Anyway April goals for the RCL under the spoiler, the two that are struck out are already finished:

Hide contents

Theme: (Vampire):

Jahenna, Female Vampire (77669)

Limited Palette:

Purple, Orange, Pink

Styx Purple, Fire Orange, Runic Glow

Giant Frog (44024)

Player Character:

Lysette, Elven Mage (Bones USA (30001))

Monster:

Gulper (44038)

Duo:

Cyclops (77705)

Trio:

Merowyn Lightstar (77675)

New Release:

Darius the Blue (Bones USA (30002))

Freebie:

D’Tenian, d10 (77647)

Other Goals:

• Work on website/blog
  • Work on getting the shop set up

Finished everything except for Darius the Blue (that I have started) and Lysette (who remains untouched). Still need to take some pictures and submit but will do that today.

Worked on the website, overhauled my portfolio and changed up the contact page.

Have a delay with the shop. Have to find a whole new platform (which I may have done) to sell on because of some big changes I was not happy with with the one I was planning on using.

• Like 6

Still managing to do hobby related activities most days, not always miniatures, though.  April and May are busy garden months.  The vast majority of "painting" time has been spent outdoors on the deck.  I did finish about a dozen figures this month, not too bad. 

Looking forward to "Many Minis May"! 

• Like 7

On 4/4/2021 at 8:01 PM, Evilhalfling said:

Finish the two tiny GF9 figures for a friend

RCL  - all but one category 

Two headed troll 

Vampire 

Wyvern 

Elf Barbarian 

Set up for next canvas landscape painting. 

Sun rise this morning was just too pretty not to try and paint. 

Eleven figure this month! 

and a landscape https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/95360-canvas-easter-sunrise-near-ogallala/&tab=comments#comment-2008903

Pig & cart - new release 

Crypt  - Limited pallet 

Nightmare Dragon - Freebee 

Giant Sloth 

Blythe spirit on KDM base 

Halfling in Polka-Dot 

Female vampire 

RCL.jpg.d941f67e1a160489d93258a3e8bf8edc.jpg

• Like 7

On 4/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, Rob Dean said:

Well, I’d also be happy if I did something (rather than nothing).  I have been sorting through my boxes of vintage 25mm Minifigs unlicensed Tolkien figures, both the unpainted ones and the painted ones, and thinking about getting back to building my orc/goblin force and cleaning and priming the next unit of Gondorians.  I guess with my birthday last week (and the corresponding anniversary of my first D&D rules) I have been more motivated by nostalgia/vintage than other possibilities...

I suppose that I technically did something, but it was a pretty slow month.  I finished this batch of vintage hobbits, and then I spent two weeks on business travel.  I was able to take the travel paint kit of one of them, but I still haven’t based the couple of 1/72 fantasy/medieval figures I painted.

• Like 3