2021 April Fool's Joke Marketing and Whatnot

I haven't seen any particularly good ones, although I sure do miss ThinkGeek.  Those were usually rather creative.. 

5 1/4" Bay single slot ez bake oven will always be a classic, doubly so since so many engineering friends would actually try to figure out how they fit a 100 watt incandescent bulb in there, totally ignoring it was a joke and just trying to engineer it in their heads out of sheer curiosity. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Folded Space has an insert on their site today that is rather funny. It is worth going to the site to see the full write up and animations,  but here is a screenshot:

Screenshot_20210401-095243_Facebook.thumb.jpg.1ae670e2c15b35062036dff2be447678.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Micro Art Studio did a "Little Tree Air Freshener (LTAF)", with that delightful laser burned HDF fragrance....

mas-little-tree-air-freshener-laser-burn

There were some pretty good ones in my inbox, but sadly most of them I cannot post here as they'd violate the rules, but I will say this: one company that's been doing gemstone veins every month as their custom offerings came out with an "infrared vein", while another came out with... A pineapple.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

My program send out a memo saying the new contract we just won required all of us to relocate to Hawaii. Details on sheet 2 were the execs in Hawaiian shirts and ukuleles with a big April Fools logo.

Actually got me. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

Blizzard did their usual shenanigans; not nearly as good as some of their prior offerings, though.

*snrk* Well, I probably can't mention /that one/ ... but they came up in the Kickstarter thread in the Discord a while back. Enjoy your scavenger hunt. ^.~

• Like 6
3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Micro Art Studio did a "Little Tree Air Freshener (LTAF)", with that delightful laser burned HDF fragrance....

mas-little-tree-air-freshener-laser-burn

There were some pretty good ones in my inbox, but sadly most of them I cannot post here as they'd violate the rules, but I will say this: one company that's been doing gemstone veins every month as their custom offerings came out with an "infrared vein", while another came out with... A pineapple.

Damn, that would be one smell, you just can't get rid of!!

Cast N Play Patreon released early this month........

Spoiler

(sorta, AFJ bonus mini, regular release schedule for the 2nd)

• Like 4

Not a company, but every April 1st I warn everybody I know about the many terrible dangers of dihydrogen monoxide. Then I wait to see who gets alarmed and who starts laughing. ::D:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Haha 7