Sign in to follow this  
Gunfighter

AHH...BUMMER!!!

Well, the Iraq war strikes again, the leader of our group (and unfortunately, owner of the only game room) has been recalled to active duty from Inactive reserve. :down:

So, here I am, a lonely peasant boy, once more looking for a group to belong to, ::(: .

Unfortunately none of the rest of us have the space to put up more than 1 table at a time, not very conducive to campaign games.

ok, now I am actively looking for a group that (hopefully) would be more stable.

The truly unfortunate part is that I have the largest terrain collection in our group.

but I only have a 4x5 table. (about 4 times that much terrain)

guess it's time to buy those office tables I have been looking at.

Owch!

sounds Like you need to arrange 1 on 1 games, and keep the goodness alive :)

Good Luck, I remember what it can be like without a Good FLGS to play at.....

Tim

WHat about a LGS to host these events. I know here in Houston they have a couple of different stores that have war gaming nights each week....Tues and Sat's I think....

Call around to them and see what they have and what they would be willing to do...

In all seriousness may your friend come home in one piece from Iraq, or wherever they post him.

Dang it, this is ... oh never mind... :grr::grr:

Its alright Nabin I'm sure Gun is concerned for his friend

And hopefully all our boys and girls will be back home soon

Could you add hinges and 18" extensions to each side of your table? That would give you two 4x4 areas, and would require only a screwdriver and a trip to Home Depot...

In all seriousness may your friend come home in one piece from Iraq, or wherever they post him.

Dang it, this is ... oh never mind...  :grr:  :grr:

No worries Nadin, if Mike was going to Iraq I wouldn't have screamed so loud, but he is only going to Fort Knox, recalled to the training brigade. He was a DI back in the late '90s, now he isn't sure if that's what he'll be doing or if it is something else. He was in my brother-in-law's scout platoon in Gulf War1 with the 24th Mech. Inf., so he has had his "fun in the sun". He only got a 1 year re-call so he didn't even bother selling his house and his boss has graciously agreed to keep his position open (she didn't have to do that). My gripe was that he has a full size finished basement which was our "gathering area", gaming or not, it was where we got away from things for a little while. He offered us the use of his house while he is gone, (he and I are the only single members of our group) but we all agreed that would not be appropriate, we'll take turns keeping the house up and everything, but we won't use the house (actually, that was why he offered, he said we should get something back for taking care of the house, but we outvoted him).

PFFFF!!! ::o: all this griping and I never answered Wreckmasters question.

I live in Covington, Georgia about 35miles SW of Atlanta on I-20.

There is a game store called The War Room in Norcross, but it is a 40+ mile drive, 1 way.

Mike lived in Mcdonough, about 20 miles south of Atlanta on I-75, but because of the layout of where everybody actually lived our whole group was roughly 10-12 miles from his house on back roads (I hate Interstate Highways).

This made things very convenient as you may guess.

Unless you want to comute to central Ohio, I can't help ya. Sorry.

But, if memory serves me Fort Knox is betweeen here and Georgia. You could stop and visit your buddy on the way up.

Tee hee hee. ::D:

Unless you want to comute to central Ohio, I can't help ya. Sorry.

But, if memory serves me Fort Knox is betweeen here  and Georgia. You could stop and visit your buddy on the way up.

Tee hee hee.  ::D:

that's alright, I'll just whistle up my private jet :lol:

FWIW, My cousin is in the Navy reserves. He just got notified htat he's shipping out to Iraq this November. Also, My fatehr-in-Law is in the USAF, and he just came back form a 1-year Tour in Saudi Arabia. I understand.

As for finding players - If the Genreal forum is to be beleived, there are lot of Reaper Leadheads in Atlanta. Check http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9491