food for thought.

FuzzyIzmit

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh so good to see. I've been that woman for nigh on 10 years now. I would attend Nan-con in houston and be the only female player. There were other women there.. girlfriends/wives with their male counterparts, but they were just along for the ride. I had the distraction advantage in Warhammer competitions lol. :lol:::P:

Before my wife got frustrated with my phenominal luck one night and vowed never to play me again, she was one of the finest Battletech players I've ever seen. She was also one of the very best Cyberpunk players I ever gamed with.

OF COURSE I married her! ::D:

I refuse to accept the fact that there are any girl gamers. In my mind they are just nice smelling bumpy gamers. ;)

I'm going to get murdered by my sweetie now. :)

Actually, there is a really cool surge in girl gamers - particularly in the videogame world - but it crosses genres.

I think my gaming group from college was an oddity. There were 3 women, and 5 guys that played regularly. There was only one pairing in that mix too of bf/gf at least initially. Another pair ended up married about 6 years later.

We used to laugh about it regularly.

My post college gaming groups are about 60/40 male to female in ratio still. Granted most of them are from the same college gaming group.

I actually DM'ed a game in which I was the only male of 5 people. My wife, a friend of mine form high-school, a co-worker, and a friend from college, all female but me.

My Regular group has included 5 different female gamers at various times. I find there to be no difference, although I think I have a very elite group - no hygeine issues, no hack-n-slashers, all very focused on character and story. Combat is almost an annoyance and distraction for them sometimes. I have never run a game without at least 1 grrl-gamer in the party (except the one I run exclusively for my 3 sons - no adults allowed, and I have no daughters)

When I lived in Huntsville Ala, I played in the IFGS basicly Real time D&D.

We would play in public parks and such, always fun.

Our chapter was almost 50% female, and where ever we went to play outside our area we would get asked, How do you get so many females to play.

Answer was simple really, it is boring in Huntsville very boring, with a NASA and Miltary base, we have a lot of smart females, and they like to play.

BTW, met my wife a NASA eng at the time, in Nashville over 1st Edition Cyberpunk, she was the only one with rules :)

We have our 1st Edition signed by Mike and Lisa Pondsmith, really great folks.

Remember if you and you other half can not sit and talk about noting for an hour, you may be with the wrong person.

Lee

I would have been playing much sooner but the guys who I knew in middle school wouldnt teach me and going to an all girls catholic highschool does really have a high (translate=none) population of gamers. I am glad that I finally got my feet wet in college or i might never have gotten the chance again!

I need more women in my gaming group. The group I'm in now has gone stale. It's either DnD, or poorly run Hero System.

Time to shake things up, I think.

--LSH

Yeah, I was thinking of inviting the swedish bikini team to a "game of roleplaying" ^_^

I need more women in my gaming group. The group I'm in now has gone stale. It's either DnD, or poorly run Hero System.

Time to shake things up, I think.

--LSH

Just starting a Hero Fantasy game here, in ABQ.

So Far 2 female players and 2 males.

Bit of a drive for thoses on the boards to join us, though :(

Lee

The Denver area has always had a higher ratio of women playing than most other places. Close to 40% of the attendance at the local conventions are women. Mostly in RPGs but a fair number in cards and boardgames and the number playing miniatures is growing too. Its high enough that when Kenzer & Co was out for the biggest show (Genghis Con) in February they actually commented on it in KODT.

Although calling this a multi-billion dollar industry is pushing it. I think that figure can only be reached when you add in all the assets Hasbro (WoTC) and Topps (WizKids).