AICOM Wish List

Well warlord folks correct me on this , but I think you get two actions, and only one of those can be a attack.. but you can do two movements each at half your avalble movement.

but ya you could prep a grenade as a move action, and then throw it as a attack option, or move, move or shoot, move..yada yada yada

Patrick "Mad Pat" Haughton

Dallas Texas

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well warlord folks correct me on this , but I think you get two actions, and only one of those can be a attack.. but you can do two movements each at half your avalble movement.

but ya you could prep a grenade as a move action, and then throw it as a attack option, or move, move or shoot, move..yada yada yada

Dallas Texas

That could work great. move half, throw a grenade or shoot or whatever, and move again.

I also hope AICOM, or whatever it winds up being called, doesn't have defensive fire. Just maybe an overwatch. I'd love to see a rule saying you can use your shooting action to go on overwatch. Or you're move action. That would rock.

I don't think were gona get three actions, I think its two total actions both of which can be used to move if desired, or one can be used to shoot.

I think thats how it goes in warlord so it should be the same in theory to AICOM

Dallas, Texas

If you can divide your movement with a shooting action then take the rest of your movement then that eliminate's the need for a third action really.

If in fact you CAN split up your movement and fire at any point during it, that would be great. That's one of the things I like so much about CAV.

well about the only way we could get around that would be to allow you to break a single move action into two phases.

so if your grunt has a arbitrary 8 inch move, you get two 4inch move actions. I don't see much of a problem with effectively doing a move/shoot set of actions but be able to move like in CAV. Move up to the point of fire, conduct ranged combat then use remaining movement.

Thus you still get penalized movement by only getting half your available moves, but would still allow for fluid movement.

now I would caveat that by saying It shouldn't be a option to all model types. Hvy Infantry shouldn't be that nimble, but basic grunts in med armor I have no problems with fluid movement.

Dallas Texas