• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fwiw, The base game was available a little earlier than backer shipment, iirc, possibly because the base game was sold retail through the partner, Spin Master Games. During the holiday season, I got a copy for under $20. So if you're one of those "backers should get their stuff first" backers or "why is this game available cheaper retail (even I should know better because free SG's aren't free)" sorta backers, there you go.

I also heard that the original Marvel United base game doesn't have enough content and you should get the expansions. However, I'm gonna guess that the two base games bought retail would work. (To be realistic, I'm not going to get more than a few plays with MU with my gaming groups, anyway. <_<

Don't let that stop you from pledging if you want the KS offerings, or picking up retail on an impulse buy. I've heard good things about MU, and hope to find time to play my copy once I can get out of the house! ::D:

Edited by ced1106

This might end up as an impulse buy with the hope of playing/painting with the kids at some point. X-Men has quite the nostalgia for me so that is a pro.

Any thoughts on this one? Worth breaking my CMON strike for? (I have backed a couple at $1 but have yet to go for actual pledges for a few years).

I'm in this strictly for the models.  Right now there are 36 models between the core sets and unlocked stretch goals, which is a little less than $3.00/model.  I want to say the first Kickstarter was around $2.50/model if you went all in.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, haldir said:

My only problem with this (well beside CMON) is the KS exclusive figures. For me, that kills the interest.

In my opinion, CMON stuff is pretty much all Kickstarterr back or dont buy. The games I have played with retail copies all feel like they are lacking. The Kickstarter versions feel more complete (with additional stuff that isnt needed). This will either be something I back or something I only buy if it ends up cheap at a Gamer Gargae Sale (which these kinds of things tend to go the other way and be expensive).

• Like 2

Having backed Marvel United, the game is really fun, and my 10-year old loves it, so this is a solid "maybe." The kiddo doesn't have any real attachment to the X-Men like he does with Miles Morales or Spider-Man, so it's less likely that he'd care, but the first game is still really fun. CMON delivered on time, which I chalk up to it being a partnership that has required street dates pushing them to deliver earlier than they normally wind up doing. It still has a solid FOMO without backing the KS, as the exclusives really make the game much more worth it. But that's all the more reason to back now rather than waiting.

• Like 1

I got the core set of the first KS really just to sell on, but fell in love with the miniatures, so backing this to get some more, and some of the expansions I didnt get last time 

I did what @Clearmandid and worked in the cost per mini.  At 2.5 to$3 per mini (depending on how many get added, it's worth it just for the minis.  I might paint them up, varnish them, and sell the set and game.  I look at those figures like practice.  

Okay, so maybe I'll keep a couple. 

Maybe three.

The point is, for the minis alone the cost is worth it.  My big problem is if this thing comes in at the same time as Darkest Dungeon game does.  KS i seriously need to stop. 

They seem to be holding back some of the most anticipated heroes (like Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Deadpool, Colossus, Kitty Pride, and Psylocke) and villains (like Mr. Sinister, Sentinels, Omega Red, and Dark Phoenix). There are tons left, but definitely a number of big names still.

What are the odds on Deadpool. Haven’t been following all the licensing drama there. If they can do him, my money would be on an expansion box rather than a stretch goal. 

• Like 1

I am pretty doubtful they'll get Deadpool in the mix.   If they did, I'd hope they'd bring the whole X-Force team (especially shatterstar).  New Mutants (from the 90s) would be great, too. Ooo and they certainly need Nightcrawler, Colossus, and mayyyybe Gambit?  At least give me the first two.  If they put Long Shot in there, the other two have to be. 

• Like 1

Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, and Colossus are pretty much guaranteed.

We also are still missing a ton of characters and some of them are pretty big names: Morph, Jubilee, Forge, Bishop, Cable, Cannonball, Hepzibah, Marrow, Pixie, Cloak & Dagger, Namor, Domino, X-23, Hope Summers, Multiple Man, Wolfsbane, Black Tom, Banshee, X-Man, Beak, Daken, Puck, Squirrel Girl, Bastion, Leech, The Shi-ar, Mojo, The Hellfire Club, The Nasty Boys. 

I am probably leaving off a ton, too.

• Like 1
On 4/14/2021 at 9:29 PM, haldir said:

My only problem with this (well beside CMON) is the KS exclusive figures. For me, that kills the interest.

I used to think that way, but I don't think it is possible to bring these to a normal retail release. No one wants to stock shelves full of expansions for any single new game, so they either exist as exclusives or not at all.

But at least they are offering the old exclusives in the new Kickstarter.

On 4/17/2021 at 5:27 PM, R2ED said:

I am pretty doubtful they'll get Deadpool in the mix.   If they did, I'd hope they'd bring the whole X-Force team (especially shatterstar).  New Mutants (from the 90s) would be great, too. Ooo and they certainly need Nightcrawler, Colossus, and mayyyybe Gambit?  At least give me the first two.  If they put Long Shot in there, the other two have to be. 

They have teased Deadpool, and I don't think you can start off with Feral and not do the rest of the prime X-Force members.

They are just holding off on a lot of the bigger names, like they did last time (so that the last few days aren't filled with C-listers).

On 4/15/2021 at 8:37 PM, R2ED said:

I did what @Clearmandid and worked in the cost per mini.  At 2.5 to$3 per mini (depending on how many get added, it's worth it just for the minis.  I might paint them up, varnish them, and sell the set and game.  I look at those figures like practice.  

Okay, so maybe I'll keep a couple. 

Maybe three.

The point is, for the minis alone the cost is worth it.  My big problem is if this thing comes in at the same time as Darkest Dungeon game does.  KS i seriously need to stop. 

Darkest Dungeon will be a year later than anticipated (probably). So it is ok.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

They have teased Deadpool, and I don't think you can start off with Feral and not do the rest of the prime X-Force members.

They are just holding off on a lot of the bigger names, like they did last time (so that the last few days aren't filled with C-listers).

I'm expecting X-Force to be and add-on box like they've done with First Class

• Like 1