Jump to content

Marvel United - X-Men


Clearman
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Clearman said:

 

I'm expecting X-Force to be and add-on box like they've done with First Class

 

 

At first, I was definitely thinking that they'd have an X-Force expansion with Deadpool, Cable, Domino with a villain (maybe Sinister). And I still think that'll be the case if they want to create an expansion that would work at retail (it would match the MU pattern of three heroes and a villain per expansion). Add in one extra promo hero and we're set.

But the First Class expansion really changes the pattern. We've got five heroes and two-ish villains in the set. So it is really unclear how many heroes we should expect out of any new expansions they reveal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, odinsgrandson said:

 

 

At first, I was definitely thinking that they'd have an X-Force expansion with Deadpool, Cable, Domino with a villain (maybe Sinister). And I still think that'll be the case if they want to create an expansion that would work at retail (it would match the MU pattern of three heroes and a villain per expansion). Add in one extra promo hero and we're set.

But the First Class expansion really changes the pattern. We've got five heroes and two-ish villains in the set. So it is really unclear how many heroes we should expect out of any new expansions they reveal.

 

Yeah, I'm just coming from a standpoint that the project needs more add-ons to drive pledge growth.  An X-Force box would definitely to that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, R2ED said:

Yup... but still no nightcrawler.  I mean, cmon!

 

And now I have to buy both of those Blue and Gold teams.  Damn you Kickstarter!

I’m sure CMON will helpfully package those up into an all-in pledge for you. Talk about customer service!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Going all in on this is tempting. My kids are turning 11 and 8 this year. Perfect age for this game and the chibi minis seem fun to paint. The nostalgia is high on this one too. I spent a lot of time watching X-Men as a kid and the comics were a decent amount of my pull boxes in my teens/early 20s . The previous KS options might suck me in due to movie nostalgia.

 

Is there somewhere I can buy the base game and actually get it soon to try this out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Talae said:

 

Is there somewhere I can buy the base game and actually get it soon to try this out?

 

The core game was released to retail, so it should be available pretty much anywhere (its on Amazon, for instance).  There are also playthroughs online if you want to watch other people play.  

 

Dice Tower 4 squares review - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkmOE_ekXak

Dice Tower Live Playthrough - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_TBAApbxcE

Dice Tower Live Playthrough of the X Men version  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPO3jMVqqPE&t

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Talae said:

Going all in on this is tempting. My kids are turning 11 and 8 this year. Perfect age for this game and the chibi minis seem fun to paint. The nostalgia is high on this one too. I spent a lot of time watching X-Men as a kid and the comics were a decent amount of my pull boxes in my teens/early 20s . The previous KS options might suck me in due to movie nostalgia.

 

Is there somewhere I can buy the base game and actually get it soon to try this out?

 

I've seen the base game with Venom at Wallyworld. It's in the board game section.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I really hate the CMON policy of having to make a base pledge for add ons.. granted I could get the Gold Team by itself without Forge later, but I already gave them $200 for Marvel United..  I feel like that should qualify me to just buy an expansion

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, R2ED said:

Well, there it is.  X factor and this new Xmen Phoenix Five.   

 

But still no nightcrawler....

Starting to think he will be in the final 48hrs. I was originally thinking that might be reserved for a Deadpool expansion (would be great to see Gwenpool, Headpool, and Dogpool). Not sure where the rights are on that though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...