Ribbon/ ConBadge idea for Reaper

nakos

Hi, long time since I've been on the forums.

I was reading a post about how will people know who is safe to hug/get close to/etc. And that got me thinking about something that Reaper could add, or maybe someone could take up if Reaper can't. Ribbons that say 'Hugs Ask' and 'Hugs No'. It's a way to answer social touch consent and not make people feel like they've been 'targeted' if they couldn't get the vaccine for some reason. I deliberately left off the Hugs Yes because at a Con there is always that creeper that would take advantage and if people are already friendly enough to know the answer then they already know. The other options might be to adjust the Con badge, Reaper has already added a Name block, but I'm not a graphic designer so it might be a little crowded to make fit.

Nakos

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Presumably wearing a face mask? would be the signal for no-hugs, assume-I’m-not-vaccinated, keep-yer-distance,

[seafarer]

...Avast there matey! I’ll be wanting a wide berth if you please.
[/seafarer]

Edited by TGP
  • Like 1

I don't know what ( if anything ) Reaper has decided on the matter, but every hotel I've been in since this thing started has mandated mask usage. I see no reason to assume that the convention center will be any different. 

I am therefore going to assume that this will be a no physical contact event. Yes, that's a bit of a bummer, but if the choice is no contact but have the con in person or another virtual con, I'd rather keep my hands to myself and be able to have an in person event.

(That's not saying that I don't like Reaper's virtual events, I do. However, I'd rather be there in person.)

• Like 6

On 4/19/2021 at 8:41 AM, TGP said:

Presumably wearing a face mask? would be the signal for no-hugs, assume-I’m-not-vaccinated, keep-yer-distance,

[seafarer]

...Avast there matey! I’ll be wanting a wide berth if you please.
[/seafarer]

I'm fully vaccinated and I'll still be wearing a mask even if the hotel doesn't mandate it until I'm comfortable with the herd vaccination levels, which with stupid q people may be awhile.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nakos said:

I'm fully vaccinated and I'll still be wearing a mask even if the hotel doesn't mandate it until I'm comfortable with the herd vaccination levels, which with stupid q people may be awhile.

Pretty much this; by Convention Time, I'll be fully vaccinated, and.. still wearing a mask, because heck people. :/

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Pretty much this; by Convention Time, I'll be fully vaccinated, and.. still wearing a mask, because heck people. :/

I mean, this is the first winter where neither me nor Mrs Wulf came down with the flu (and we both get vaccinated every year...)  so... yeah, I'll probably mask up.

• Like 1