• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks, I'm glad you all like it. It's a converted model I wanted to paint for a long time and I'm happy with the result.

For those of you who would like more details on this monster, here are the D&D 3.5 statistics I prepared.

Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 10d10+40 (95 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), fly 20 ft. (poor)
Armor Class: 15 (–1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+17
Attack: Bite +12 melee (2d6+4)
Full Attack: Bite +12 melee (2d6+4) and bite +12 melee (1d8+4) and mandible +12 melee (1d8+4) and 2 claws +10 melee (1d6+2) or tail +10 (1d6+2) plus poison
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft. (10 ft. vulture head)
Special Attacks: Breath weapon, poison
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +7, Will +6
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 13, Con 18, Int 4, Wis 13, Cha 10
Skills: Hide +1*, Listen +9, Spot +9
Feats: Alertness, Hover, Iron Will, Multiattack
Environment: any
Organization: Solitary, pride (3–5), or flight (6–13)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Chaotic evil

This limping creature has the main features of a giant hound; a vulture head stretches out of its right side and a hulking insect head sits on the left side. Its left side legs end with an insect-like claw and a palmed foot at the back. It also features colorful wings that don’t seems to be strong enough to care its weight.

This chaotic hybrid is most certainly the result of a mad wizard experiment that went terribly wrong. It stands 7 feet tall at the shoulder, nearly 10 feet long, and weighs about 3,000 pounds. It understands Undercommon but can’t speak.

Combat
A deadly foe, the chimera prefers to surprise prey. It often swoops down from the sky or lies concealed until it charges. The vulture head can spit a breath weapon instead of biting. Several chimeras attack in concert.

Spell Turning. The chimera has advantage on a saving throw against any spell that targets only chimera (not the area). If the chimera’s saving throw is successful and the spell is of 4th level or lower, the spell had no effect on the chimera and instead targets the caster.

Body Composition

This chimeric aberration feature of a mountain-dwelling creature. It doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity when it flies out of an enemy’s reach.

Breath Weapon
Necrotic Breath (Recharge 5-6) The vulture exhales necrotic energy in a 15-foot cone. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw, or it takes (7d8) necrotic damage and is unable to regain hit points until the end of its next turn.

Tail Attack
Venomous Tail. The monster’s tail ends have stingers, which deals piercing damage instead of bludgeoning damage. In addition, when the chimera hits a creature with its tail, the creature must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or suffer 2d6 Constitution damage. A poisoned target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, shaking off the effect by himself on a success.

Skills: A chimera’s three heads give it a +2 racial bonus on Spot and Listen checks.
*In areas of scrubland or brush, a chimera gains a +4 racial bonus on Hide checks.
Carrying Capacity: A light load for a chimera is up to 348 pounds; a medium load, 349–699 pounds, and a heavy load, 700–1,050 pounds.

• Like 5

I like the use of red as your contrast down in the claw to bring out the green more but then you shifted to cooler tones up the arm and into the body...looks like a darker blue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, malefactus said:

That is a WONDERFULLY imaginative/inspiring creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. Your choice of colors is stunning. VERY WELL DONE as always!

Many thanks @malefactus, I'm glad you like it. This was a project that took me longer to complete, i wanted the quality of the paint to match the time i spent doing the conversion. Actually, now that it's finished, I have an idea for another conversion. I'm going to make a small diorama including a less complex conversion that I wanted to do for a long time. More on that to come soon.

• Like 2