• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool paintjob.

17 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love it when people use real reptile/bird patterns for their minis!

I agree. :winkthumbs:

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By KruleBear
      My 8 year old son painted these shortly after his birthday last spring. I actually liked his colors and the pattern on the Carnotaurus. Mostly I was over joyed that he didn’t glob the paint on for once. A few weeks ago I decided to paint the eyes, teeth, claws, and base for him. Them a coat of sealer.  I think they look great for the toy box. Here are my crappy before and after.

• By Waylandrk
      Wasn't totally happy with how this came out. I wanted a reptilian version of a tiger pattern for stalking in the jungle. Colour scheme worked I think and overall it's a great model but it has some issues I struggled with. 

It's not symmetrical, the ridges and scales on each side are in different places and don't align making the patterning problematic. That coupled with the fact that some of the larger scales fade out and a lot of the smaller scales are almost indistinct took some of the fun out if it. Normally I enjoy doing scales and applying washes and dry rushing as well as picking out patterns on individual scales but this was hard work.

Will still make the kids worry when it hits the tabletop though 🙂

• By Inarah
      Introducing the Ganorn, a full squad of 10 traditionally-sculpted resin miniatures in 28-32mm scale. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32mmscifidinos/32mm-resin-sci-fi-dinosaurs-introducing-the-ganorn?

• By Inarah
      It's a great day in the Cretaceous Period, hot, humid and just a bit oppressive.  The raptors* have gathered to discuss hunting strategies.

Of course there may be disagreements about tactics...

And who gets to lead the pack during the hunt...

Sorry for the fuzziness. Still getting used to the new light set up in the photo booth. 

*Including a pair of Wizkids Deep Cuts raptors
    • By Maledrakh
      At the very end of the Lost Valley, the bossfight: Clubtail!

A plant eating 4-ton tank armed with a deadly morning star tail, an armoured hide with spikes, -a fantasy version of an Ankylosaur. The clubtail is larger than the fossil record of Ankylosaur supports. Also the spikes are overstated in comparison. A lot.
      At any rate, the Ankylosaur was contemporary with the Tyrannosaurus Rex and the Triceratops. All are from what is now North America in the late Cretaceous period, roughly 68 million years ago. It needed that armour.  The question remains: What did it use the club-like tail for? To smesh predators? Rivals? Trees? An impressive display to attract mates? All of the above?
      And the clubtail has spikes. Did I mention the spikes?

I detest painting spikes. It takes absolutely ages and I invariably lose patience and botch the job. These look OK for tabletop but do not stand up to close scrutiny at all. At least it is done. Together with the entire Lost Valley Expansion! Woot!

The Clubtail is, in fact, the distant forebearer of the modern day Dragon Tortoise aka Koopa.

I made it a 125mm x 100mm base.

44076 Clubtail
      from the Lost Valley Expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, delivered 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Jason Wiebe
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      125x100mm bespoke 3D printed base
      available from reapermini.com

• Who's Online   27 Members, 3 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)