project- Unholy summoning

Fencig

first piece to an upcoming diorama. There are some humbling examples of this, called Thanis the Bonecaller,  posted prior by very skilled artists so i was loathe to try it, but in the end I'm pleased with what i could do at my skill level. There are 2 or 3 more pieces coming that will round out the scene

1.thumb.JPG.46273232abe9c672b72254afd5049891.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.b41228c8aa37f4cb88a13abbca607153.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.14a3bd48d646d783f4711884af923936.JPG

4.thumb.jpg.41afd6199f8382cd6dda9df5c60ec810.jpg

• Like 16

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/24/2021 at 1:52 PM, buglips*the*goblin said:

Nice to see a Thanis!  She's a fun piece, one of my absolute favourites by Bob Ridolf and he's done quite a lot of great stuff.  What other pieces are you going to be adding to complete the scene?

thanks, the one you and Guindyloo did 4 years ago blow me away. I just wasn't able to emmulate the crisp edges and depth that you guys pulled off , but mine actually came out a little better than i expected, 

Hope she doesn't. mind, i borrowed her royal-purple cloak🙂

This seen will get another bob Ridolfi mini called " Undead rising"  in the foreground

02043_G.jpg

and in the background, a Julie Guthrie's 03479 murder of Crows . Which will be flying away out in fan shape and help up by ultra thin  wires to give the impression of the birds scattering as the ground erupts.

03479_w_1.jpg

That's the vision anyway, whether i can pull it off remains to be seen

On 4/24/2021 at 2:06 PM, Glitterwolf said:

That's a great mini!

Glad you're painting that one, looks great!

thanks, I'm glad i painted it too and to those who inspired me to try it

Edited by Fencig
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Fencig said:

thanks, the one you and Guindyloo did 4 years ago blow me away. I just wasn't able to emmulate the crisp edges and depth that you guys pulled off , but mine actually came out a little better than i expected, 

Hope she doesn't. mind, i borrowed her royal-purple cloak🙂

I don't mind at all! I'm glad you liked it enough to borrow it and you did a great job with it!

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the scene!

• Like 4

My first attempt at painting a dead tree, + I needed to order a couple more skelle's,  but really happy with the progress so far.

Need to nail the cemetery floor with an appropriately dingy cover but the mounds should be easy with some dry-brushed Stirland Battlemire to show the erupting Earth

Full dark with artificial light, good "dark"  but poor depth of field and washed out whites

1190741514_togetherrough(2).thumb.JPG.f66d8cb14a179661171b41deb31112be.JPG

natural light on an overcast day , not convincing as a night scene but better focus and depth

331867493_togetherrough(6).thumb.JPG.0d638d8f53959607166db4a700500b8a.JPG

Edited by Fencig
  • Like 7