IMG_2046.thumb.jpg.d09ed862d309555a36f490c0a33a4359.jpgOk, worked on the black and added some yellow bits.  I need to look at the last photo and this one and see if the black bits are worth the extra effort or just leave them as they were.

• Like 7
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Unit Filler!

I remember you creating awesome Unit Fillers on the Warhammer Forum back then.

Still remember your Undead!

Edited by Glitterwolf
Posted (edited)

Is the warhammer forum still active?  One of the hardest parts with disappearing every few months is coming back!

I am very close to retiring now, and definitely considering doing this a lot more!

Edited by mousekiller
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, mousekiller said:

Is the warhammer forum still active?  One of the hardest parts with disappearing every few months is coming back!

I am very close to retiring now, and definitely considering doing this a lot more!

As far as I know it stopped.

I would love to see more from your work.

Ever done Lizardmen?

Awesome...as it is I'm patreon of Avatars of War, 3d files for printing. This month...goblins including undead ones, last month orcs including undead...I will need to bring some Greenskins to life soon. Will add them to my Horde of the North project since there's already a female orc warrior in there. Your stuff is inspiring!

Ok, the next set of 10 night goblins ready to rock.  I will walk these through the process as we continue.  In the back as the next unit filler (in a unit of twenty or more, I definitely like to add flare with some unit fillers to break up the normal rank and file look, especially with units that should not have that sort of discipline), is a small "cave wall" with some stalagtites.  My wife has been quick to tell me that these do not look completely realistic, and she is absolutely correct.  I want the darkness and formation of a cave feeling, but as these night goblins are going to be incorporated with the rest of the Orc and Goblin army (who have the normal field look), I want to show a bit of vegetation and color as well.  Besides, I am sure that some cave formation somewhere actually does have exposed stalagtites with vegetation on them!  It's not completely unrealistic, right?  

The unit filler is made of a few plastic pillars to give it strength and two plastic circular bases at the top to give it width, but then I wet some toilet paper and twisted and molded it across that skeleton to give it volume.  This was all drenched in watered down elmers glue... then that got to sit for about two days to dry.  Added some plastic sprue bits that I carved to look like skinny stalagtites, a bit of sand, and black primer.  

To start the miniatures, they get a coating of white primer.  I like to block my miniatures (sometimes) in color before getting into layering.

Skin: Wash of Contrast Flesh

Robes: Wash of Contrast Black Templar

IMG_2082.thumb.jpg.8f84c07d2794ed9cbdeeaab8a1c48d42.jpg

• Like 7

Black robes done... 

I did two different methods on these guys, and I don't see much of an end result difference:

One was to highlight up the robes with Stormvermin Fur, Administranium Grey, and White, with a wash of black followed by a final highlight of white.

The other was to take the foundation that was already achieved, highlight up with white, good wash of black, followed by a final highlight of white.  I recommend just doing this, saves a little time and the ultimate result is the same.

IMG_2135.thumb.jpg.db23fc063f82b434ca7dbcd3e52b210d.jpg

• Like 6