Jump to content

Australia now shipping from Australia?


Pochi
 Share

Recommended Posts

On facebook, someone mentioned all of the minis showing as Out of Stock. They were from Australia. When switching from AUD to USD, the minis suddenly became available. I went to look and had the same issue. I noticed when switching between the currencies, it now says "AUD ships from Australia". 

 

Living in Australia we have a terrible time finding Reaper minis which is why most of us order directly from Reaper. So now we can't order directly from Reaper? It says they ship from Australia. But there is a limited selection on what we can order. Does this mean we will no longer have to order $100 to get free shipping if it is being shipped within Australia?

 

What happens to my gift certificates that were issued to me in USD on the Reaper store? I was still able to use them as USD previously and get my order sent to Australia as long as I also spent enough to hit the $100 for free shipping. I have saved up so I could order Blacktooth Terror and Blacksting if they ever hit the store. Will I not be able to use those gift certificates now or will I have to pay US shipping?

 

Edit: Spoke with Jon via Discord and he said he'll be checking into it for us in Oz. He also said he could adjust the currency of my gift certificates if I need them switched. So, thank you, Jon! I am leaving the post though so others are aware of what is happening and we can find out what's up with Australia shipping. It would be nice to not have to hit $100 for free shipping every time!

Edited by Pochi
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they've changed the shipping method then 1) I hope they actually have stock on hand, otherwise it makes no sense to even try to order and 2) They need to fix the system because currently it doesn't let you calculate shipping with an AU address...if you can find something in stock

 

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ratsmitglied said:

If they've changed the shipping method then 1) I hope they actually have stock on hand, otherwise it makes no sense to even try to order and 2) They need to fix the system because currently it doesn't let you calculate shipping with an AU address...if you can find something in stock

 

From what I am seeing, buying from the Reaper store using AUD actually means you are buying from Aetherworks now. All of the prices on the Reaper store in AUD have been raised to what Aetherworks charges which is more than the conversion rate was when you bought from the Reaper store previously. I looked through my previous orders and small minis have increased in price from .90 and up and larger minis like giants went up between $3-4. Dice went from $15.49 to $18.95. The Rockys went from $7.09 to $8.95.

 

I never bought from Aetherworks because they always had a poor selection and their prices were significantly higher. 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Administrators
6 hours ago, ratsmitglied said:

If they've changed the shipping method then 1) I hope they actually have stock on hand, otherwise it makes no sense to even try to order and 2) They need to fix the system because currently it doesn't let you calculate shipping with an AU address...if you can find something in stock

 


Can you PM me an example of an address that is not pulling shipping please! I have tested a few and it doesnt seem to be working as well but i need to gather evidence for our web master! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Pochi said:

From what I am seeing, buying from the Reaper store using AUD actually means you are buying from Aetherworks now. All of the prices on the Reaper store in AUD have been raised to what Aetherworks charges which is more than the conversion rate was when you bought from the Reaper store previously. I looked through my previous orders and small minis have increased in price from .90 and up and larger minis like giants went up between $3-4. Dice went from $15.49 to $18.95. The Rockys went from $7.09 to $8.95.

 

I never bought from Aetherworks because they always had a poor selection and their prices were significantly higher. 

 

 

If that's the case then I will only be ordering through other sources. I can accept Reaper shipping via Aetherworks, but I do not like dealing with Aetherworks directly for various reasons.

@Reaper_Jon I'll PM you the two addresses I tried

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

If that's the case then I will only be ordering through other sources. I can accept Reaper shipping via Aetherworks, but I do not like dealing with Aetherworks directly for various reasons.

@Reaper_Jon I'll PM you the two addresses I tried

Same. I won't order from Aetherworks and I think it is wrong to link the Reaper store to Aetherworks and charge Australians significantly more than the conversion price. I have a local store that carries Reaper and I'll continue to support them. They are about the only ones who haven't dropped Reaper in favor of Wizkids.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Pochi said:

Same. I won't order from Aetherworks and I think it is wrong to link the Reaper store to Aetherworks and charge Australians significantly more than the conversion price. I have a local store that carries Reaper and I'll continue to support them. They are about the only ones who haven't dropped Reaper in favor of Wizkids.

I don't have a local store, so that isn't an option for me. So looks like it will either be find things on other stores, put together a big enough order to make an order from the US worthwhile, or buy on kickstarter only.

With the buy direct from US option, I'm pretty sure that on hitting ~$100USD including shipping it will still be cheaper than buying from Aetherworks.

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, ratsmitglied said:

I don't have a local store, so that isn't an option for me. So looks like it will either be find things on other stores, put together a big enough order to make an order from the US worthwhile, or buy on kickstarter only.

With the buy direct from US option, I'm pretty sure that on hitting ~$100USD including shipping it will still be cheaper than buying from Aetherworks.

For sure. I tested an order last night for the USD at $102.05 became $154.95 AUD (which matches Aetherworks). USD to AUD conversion should be around $131.27. So yeah, cheaper to do the USD conversion than pay Aetherworks.

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...