Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I have been slightly less of a workaholic in May than in April, so I have been able to do some quartely challenges as well as the monthlies. I am probably not going to be able to paint anything else this month, so here goes.
These were all painted for the Reaper challenge league May, and again, squeezed in between work. So, low effort speed painting is the key. which also shows that is it possible to get quite decent results in a short time as long as you accept there will be some rough bits.
there are some pictures below
I should have started this at the beginning of the year but a few months late is better than never. I've been working on getting stuff together for Q2 and some things for the rest of the year. For the quarterly stuff I'm going to continue to work on Grimtalon...that I don't think I have a WIP thread for and my large group has settled on doing a townsfolk theme and I'm doing the Fishwife from Dreadmere in Bones 4 KS. I have a diorama in the works but I really don't know if I'm going to finish it this quarter.
My list for April:
Jahenna, Female Vampire (77669)
Purple, Orange, Pink
Styx Purple, Fire Orange, Runic Glow
Giant Frog (44024)
Lysette, Elven Mage (Bones USA (30001))
Merowyn Lightstar (77675)
Darius the Blue (Bones USA (30002))
D’Tenian, d10 (77647)
Will get some photos up soon.
During my Shelf of Shame Project I started with the fairy. Since there is only room for one project on my wet palette, this one had to take the back seat during RVE. Today I finished another project, at least as far as the palette is concerned, so I can finally continue with my little fairy. Every aspect of this project was created by rolling dice.
For everyone interested, here is a somewhat elaborate summary of part one:
During weekend I usually put down my brushes. At the moment, painting is a stand in for my job that's on hold because of Corona restrictions, so there will probably be no progress until next week. I just wanted to set up everything so I can start right away!
I love me some weekend painting!
Got another one from the 90's batch of Ral Partha's. This one is a Drow Elf. Was feeling like trying some of the darker skin tones after watching another RVE on it. Feels pretty good!
* Skin combo: Black Brown, Black Red, Orange Red. Used in conjunction with one another. The highlights are still on the darker side, but you can still make out muscle and shape. Win!
* Used copper/brown combo to bring this guy to life. Feels very warm, but still needs some kind of "pop" color somewhere. I tried to make that happen on the fletchings on the bolts, but feels like it needs more.
* Gradient work on the weapon. I was trying to think of it radiating heat, since this is the underdark afterall. I wasn't able to pull off a glowing effect or OSL, but it seems like it works.
* The face - getting the mustache, side burns, and eyes to really pop was fun. I feel VERY happy about the eyes.
* Not wild about the accessories colors.
* Questioning the color chosen for the sword.
* Was messing around a few times on what parts were wood, metal, or otherwise on the crossbow. Meh.
* Hair is still an area I struggle with. I did 3 layers on this one. Deep grey, light grey, white. I feel it comes out strong, but not super good on showing definition or volume in the hair.
Always open to any feedback anyone has.
I'm also curious to think of what kind of base to put this guy on. Any thoughts?
This is my entry for the seasonal category in the Reaper Challenge League. I picked St Patricks Day as my holiday and found this adorable little fellow and his buddy in the Reaper Store. Normally I paint much bigger, meaner looking minis so this pair were a really nice change of pace. All comments and criticisms are, as always, very welcome.
There was a slight hitch when taking the photographs for the mini. I was taking the photos in an area with great natural light, but I was interrupted by an angry Kurogane who was furious that his sleeping spot had been hijacked for something as trifling as miniature photography :D
The mini suffered 1d2 bite damage to his hat.....
.....and the perpetrator showed a distinct lack of remorse! Such is a life with feline overlords The mini was quickly fixed with some paint plastic surgery. Thanks for looking everyone!
Who's Online 11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)