Getting to know you, May 2021

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 14: Since tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are a favorite meal when it is cold, what is a favorite lunch during the summer months?

Tends to be a sandwich. If I can get any, freshly chilled melon - I do love watermelon - and if I'm feeling generous, I'll share with the chickens. 

• Like 7
  • Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 14: Since tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are a favorite meal when it is cold, what is a favorite lunch during the summer months?

Whatever is at hand, really. My eating habits don't tend to change throughout the seasons, though taco in a bag from the ice cream place is a good but rare treat while they're open.

• Like 5
On 5/13/2021 at 6:02 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 12: What is your favorite cookie [biscuit] to have around the house?

I won't say no to a biscuit or cookie.

My favorites:

Stroopwafels and Kletskoppen.

One cup of tea and a whole pack of kletskoppen could mysteriously disappear.

628229951_Schermafbeelding2021-05-14112708.jpg.2a1413169232061fb56bcedbfd64827a.jpg1378936152_Schermafbeelding2021-05-14112739.jpg.bff3ac9209fd5255aca3edfa7c8214cb.jpg

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

A "salad"

And by that I mean a Warm Goatcheese and Spinach Salad served on Bacon On toasted bread with honeyand pine nuts.

Picture from the cookbook I use for that.

20210514_113105.jpg.666c1c4cc1d749415df00d3c2132c97d.jpg

• Like 9
5 hours ago, Corsair said:

I'm a big salad fan, especially now I've gotten my housemate to no longer automatically dismiss them as rabbit food, so a nice Bang Bang Chicken or Tuna Nicolise one.

• Like 8

A question! Since before your sun burned hot in space...

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 14: Since tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches are a favorite meal when it is cold,...

....and before your sandwich was cold, I have awaited a soup! question. 

• Like 6
7 hours ago, Corsair said:

I'm not a certain food for certain seasons type of person, so whatever is around is fine. That said, if it's not going to heat up the kitchen to make, that's a definite plus. Fresh fruit is also nice, especially if it's cool/chilled.

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Corsair said:

If I have the time, something quick off the grill: hotdogs, sausages,  burgers , with some green salad or a scoop of a cold salad .  

• Like 8
8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Same stuff except having a smoothie of fresh fruits after or while having our lunch. Wife loves adding apples and mangoes or bananas in a blender with ice. It's definitely one of the best feature of summer!

• Like 8
9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 14: . . . what is a favorite lunch during the summer months?

A burger that was very recently grilled. The fixings (tomato, lettuce, apples, pickles, relish, etc.) need to be cold (like they were just pulled out of a fridge) but the onions should be grilled. 

• Like 9
10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Lunch for me is usually leftovers, no matter the season. Since most proteins are packaged for a family of 4 or a single person, it just works out that I always have either a lunch or another full dinner left over.

Otherwise, it's grilling season, so there are too many options to list. Some quality hot dogs (Hoffman's), grilled corn on the cob, and an ice cold beer make for a nice summer lunch.

• Like 7

My apartment is not particularly energy efficient, so I tend to try and produce heat as little as possible. Leftover are always a good choice. Salads or cold sandwiches are good. I also enjoy grilling quite a lot; dogs or brats, burgers, sometimes steaks. 

• Like 8
On 5/11/2021 at 6:29 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Already scheduled.  My buddy @Dalth and his wife are coming over for a day in a couple weeks.  The ladies are going to estate sales and thrifting. Dalth and I are likely going to spend the day hanging in my studio, painting our ReaperCon entries.

I'm really looking forward to that.  🙂

• Like 9
11 hours ago, Corsair said:

I live in the land of weather wimps, so it rarely gets very hot. Generally anything not cooking in the oven - maybe sandwiches, chilled fruit and iced tea? From my childhood without AC in a place with real weather... watermelon comes to mind, with a cold soda and fresh veggies from the garden eaten in the shade under the porch

• Like 7
14 hours ago, Corsair said:

Bowl of ice cream.

Alternatively, a selection of fruits, chips, and salsas.

Or a charcuterie board.

Or nothing at all because 3 meals a day is just too much food unless I'm active all day. I normally run on one meal, one snack, and one pot of coffee per day.

• Like 7