Getting to know you, May 2021

Corsair

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

Inspired by your answers! Quizzles for the weekend:

May 15 Quizzle: Do You like sushi? Ifso, your favorite?

May 16 Quizzle: Do you like ramen with or without an egg?

Well...I think sushi is pretty, a wonderfully colorful dish that I have never eaten; re, I am not a big fish eater. The Fellow who makes it at HEB is a delightful, charming gentleman. Cap'n John enjoys sushi enough for the two of us,

I love ramen although I have yet to have it with eggs...sounds good though.

• Like 9

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Corsair said:

No

14 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I rarely eat seafood

Isn't that rather un-Dutch of you ;-)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

May 15th Definitely no. One ReaperCon, we went out to a sushi place near Dallas & I went mainly for the companionship of being with friends I only get to see at RCon but I had chicken teriyaki. I still had a good time.

May 16: Ramen is one of those things I can just heat it up & eat it with or without extra fixins. As long as it has the season packet & soy sauce, I'm good to go.

• Like 6

On 5/14/2021 at 11:05 PM, Corsair said:

I’ve never had sushi or sashimi.

I like ramen both ways. I’ve had it once at a fancy ramen restaurant and it had the egg. It was really good. But I’m too lazy to add the egg at home.

• Like 7

On 5/14/2021 at 10:05 PM, Corsair said:

I love sushi - not sure of my favorite, I like nigri better in general and trout is delicous....

I like ramen with the egg - it adds to the flavors... I've only had it soft or hard boiled though, not as fried in my ramen....

Edited by Iridil
  • Like 4

On 5/14/2021 at 11:05 PM, Corsair said:

I do like sushi, but not sashimi. I don't like the texture of a big hunk of raw fish. I usually ask at the restaurant for the house special and chef's recommendations. I especially like the nouveau fusion ones, like Cali and Philly. But my favorite is probably unagi. Who thought eel could be so good?

I remember playing Mass Effect and there is a character who wants Commander Shepherd to buy her ramen. I was very confused as to why an NPC would make that big of deal out a bowl of ichiban, I though, "well, it's a sci-fi game, go with it."

23 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 17: Do you like museums? What is your favorite one?

I do like museums, but I could never go to an art museum and stare at paintings on a wall. I think I'd rather have a big book of famous painting with reproductions from the library that has a explanation of the artist and history and what inspired the piece. I loved the museums at Harvard, the glass flowers are a must-see in person. The one at the hospital was really neat, they had a giant screen with full body scans. The mummy in the collection was part of the file collection. I enjoyed body worlds when it came to Calgary, but some of it was a bit macabre for me. Holding the plasticized human heart was fascinating. I have been able to see cadavers as part of a hospital teaching collection, and that was super interesting as well. They had their faces covered. 

My favorite museum has to be the good ol' Royal Tyrell Museum in my backyard. Dinosaurs! The best feature of the museum is the air conditioning. It's so nice when it's 30C in the valley. There's no shade down there, either. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 17: Do you like museums? What is your favorite one?

I do, and I've visited tons in my youth. Especially during the year my family lived in Europe.

Considering the rotating nature of some expositions vs. the permanent ones, it's impossible to pin point any single one.

So I've visited famous ones like the Louvre (yes, it means I've seen the Mona Lisa in person); the Hermitage museum in Saint Petersburg (gigantic, cannot be visited in a single day unless you jog through); NYC's museum of natural history (if you're unaware, the blue whale does come as a surprise); Moscow's Kremlin museum.

I've been in museums in Eastern Canada and Eastern USA, France, England, Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Russia, Mongolia, China, Japan.

Add in tons of memorials sites, art museums, history museums, science & technology museums (a favorite in my youth); both world famous and small local ones.

I don't think I've visited any sort of museum or exhibit since 2017. I'm due for some culture.

• Like 10

I enjoy sushi. My current favorite is called a Tempation of Fire.

I do sometimes enjoy Egg in my Ramen, but not always.

My current favorite museum is the Saunders Museum in Berryville, AR. Such an eclectic collection of things that he gathered over the years.

• Like 10