Getting to know you, May 2021

Corsair

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

May 22: Friends coming over...what movie do you want to show them?

The whole LOTR Trilogy that will keep them busy while I paint.:devil:

5 hours ago, TGP said:

You’ll want the extended version directors cuts then. 

I am impressed by your tactical thinking. 

Don't forget to go with the Prequel The Hobbit  extended version directors cuts also.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, TGP said:

You’ll want the extended version directors cuts then. 

I am impressed by your tactical thinking. 

~~~~~~~

I looked up Clank! So ::(: disappointed. I was hoping for a game having something to do with Tanks, Armor, and Tracked vehicles. Alas. 

Alas, it is about fantasy burglars ?

It's a deckbuilding game, and it's also rather fun if you get... THE CAT.

Oh man that card can be sooooo evil.  You can either remove some of your own clank from the pile or....  Make the dragon attack, mwa ha ha.....

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 24: What has been you favorite delivered Kickstarter to date?

Bones 3 will always have a special place in my heart, because it's where I met all of you. There were a lot more shenanigans going on in the comments while it was running, and I was invited by @buglips*the*goblin to come to the forums. So I blame him for everything that has happened since then. Probably a few things from before that point, too.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Bones 5 is the only Kickstarter I have ever backed, I backed it after missing Bones 4, which if I had understood more about, I would've backed. I'm patiently waiting on the big dinosaurs to be released to the public.

I'm really sad I missed Empire of Shifting Sands or whatever it was called by TT Combat, though it seems they've had quite a few problems with wrong or miscast parts. 

Mostly I'm a Humble Bundle girl. I'm okay with waiting for retail. In the very beginning, before Kickstarter was created, when crowd funding was first being created, there was a company created by Nicholas Logue called Sinister Adventures. This was around 2008. There was a lot of hype about a lot of materials the creator would publish, but he wanted the money upfront. Long story short, a lot of people were left with a lot of nothing. Eventually, Frog God Games would go on to publish Razor Coast, which was the big campaign that Logue was supposed to publish. Too much, too fast, too inexperienced, I didn't back a single thing, but it soured me on crowd funding. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

I want to say CAV KS3, but I'm actually going to go with Oathsworn's, uh...  I forgot which one it was.  Had a sales raven or crow in it.  And a big bad epic border collie. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Corsair said:

So many to pick from....

In terms of which one has had the most use, that would be Collide's Bent and Broken (music)

But otherwise I'd have to go with Wargods of Olympus (I'd be remiss not to pick that as I have an editing credit)

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Corsair said:

Hmm... As the two Twisted Kickstarters and the first Kingdom Death Kickstarter are the only ones where I didn't eventually end up selling most of it (It took a lot of time and money, but I eventually worked out Kickstarter is not for me), it'll be one of them.

If I had to pick just one, it would probably be the second Twisted one. The first one was a bit of a worry because fulfilment was very late, and Kingdom Death Kickstarters are very aggravating in general.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

The original Bones.  Not particularly because of the content, but because it drew me here to the forums. I've met and formed a lot of friendships with people because of that KS.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

Bones "1" would be the most significant. It's the one that got me back into the hobby as well as being my first Kickstarter. After that, I pledged in tons of KS involving mostly miniatures or game related material (RPGs, board games, accessories).

For sheer usefulness, I have a compact MDF dice tower that I carry with me everywhere for RPGs.

And for must fun, it's Tiny Epic Galaxies. It was quite popular with my old board game club. Its size makes it very portable.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7

Movie would probably be Ghibli film, since those are nice and neutral, or a Wes Anderson. If they haven't seen it I would probably start with My Neighbor Totoro or Rushmore.

I have the Hellboy Board Game. I'd love to crack it open. 

• Like 7