Getting to know you, May 2021

Corsair

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

Oh, cool. I hope they have the option to pick up some of the already released stuff with this one, like they did last time. I'd also like to pick up some of the exclusives I missed last time, like the Asar priest. If you could mention that to them, O Editor Extraordinaire, I'd appreciate it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they do include some of that sort of stuff - my editing was more along the lines of helping out and providing feedback rather than actually being engaged to do it, but they felt I contributed enough to be credited for it.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 25: What genre do you look for first in a Kickstarter?

I used to browse the game or design sections, but stopped bothering with them altogether. KS has become big enough that good projects will quickly get shared on social media.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

I try not to browse Kickstarter....at all.  It is a dangerous, expensive place to browse.

The only ones I back now are ones from creators I've backed before, or ones I've seen on social media, including the KS section here.

Most of what I currently back are STL based, usually terrain, usually Sci-Fi.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

I stick to things with minis (Although I have backed a couple food ones).

There's a lot of interesting stuff in the other categories, but I only have so much money to throw at random junk.

• Like 9

Honestly I'm pretty well done with Kickstarters. I fell Victim to the Guthrie and Ridolfi sculpts in this latest Reaper KS because I saw them at ReaperCon, but I've just about reached critical mass with the amount of stuff I own.  I can barely squeeze in time to hobby as it is. I no longer log into KS or pay much attention to the offerings.  In previous Kickstarters I usually looked for something that was new or interesting, or a new spin on something existing. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Corsair said:

I make it a point NOT to look at Kick Starters; I am, after all, weak AND I don't need temptation.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

Fantasy Miniatures and lately only in STL form.

They need to be one of the factions I really like ( Reptilians, Undead, Chaos/Norse) I need the company to be reliable and the price to be reasonable.

But I'm getting more and more selective since I can't paint everything I already have in my lifetime, still, I like a new thing every now and then.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:
15 hours ago, Corsair said:

According to my KS stats, games with minis.

Based on what I backed, this. The game portion isn't even required. I think the biggest disappointments have been the ones with games (again, been years since I've backed anything) because the one I wanted most never fulfilled.

• Like 7