Getting to know you, May 2021

Corsair

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Based on what I backed, this. The game portion isn't even required. I think the biggest disappointments have been the ones with games (again, been years since I've backed anything) because the one I wanted most never fulfilled.

Yeah, I’ve mostly had good luck. Mind, I haven’t gone as nuts as some of y’all, but I’ve only ever had one project that never delivered (and I still have a bit of hope for them).

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 26: Do you watch Reaper's Live Streams?

No, I don’t. My life is too busy to watch them ramble on and maybe occasionally say something pertinent.

• Like 8

Never live, no. Even if I wanted to, the time difference is just too significant. I used to watch Miniature Monday and still enjoy it. I watched their "show off the new stuff" once in a while. There are a lot of qualms I have with what I have watched. It doesn't feel on par with the caliber of other manufacturers. I love Reaper's product, I still think they have some of the best, most accessible minis on the market, and I applaud them for it. Reaper and GW are the two mini manufacturers people in N America seem most familiar with. (Okay, WizKids too, but I'm old.)

That said, they way they present it doesn't really work for me, especially the media end. Let's have sexy 3D renders of the big items of the Kickstarter right off the bat. Let's admit it, the brine giant is the reason lots of you bought the underwater Bones 5 set. Show him off, be as excited as we are to see what you've been working on in secret for the last year. The homey talk show stuff just doesn't strike me as professional. Even the webpage looks cluttered. Miniature Monday was a fantastic idea, but the camera angles and off-topic stuff doesn't compare with GW's stuff. It wasn't at all like the way GW presents to paint their stuff, and I liked that. Different is good. But who buys Bones and what do they use them for? It seems people like the cheap minis and like to slap some paint on them to tabletop quality and call it good. 

I'll admit I only got to watch the Rangers of Shadow Deep panel at Reaper Con Online this year, and it was what I expected. There were technical problems, but it was being filmed in the author's home in the UK. I really enjoyed it. I would even have bought a $10 ticket to attend. 

I'll second the motion that has been made numerous times that Reaper needs a dedicated media person. 

• Like 7

Rarely. I tune in sometimes, but most of the time, there's just nothing I'm really interested in going on. I would tune in for Protips... but I am rarely awake early enough to appreciate Anne's expertise and humour.

VoDs are not my thing. :/

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Most of the late afternoon or evening shows if my schedule allows it.

So Crow's Nest; Reaper Live; Reaper Land; Reaper Errant and House of Vex are my regular shows.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 7