Getting to know you, May 2021

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched them while I was working from home, at least some of them, but I find that now I'm back in the office I have rubbish Cell service, and honestly too many distractions to focus. 

• Like 8
8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 26: Do you watch Reaper's Live Streams?

Almost all of the shows were on when I was working, and now that I'm temporarily laid off I still don't find any interest in those ones.  There also isn't any real consideration for people in other timezones either, other than "watch the vod" - uh no, the whole point of a live interaction media is that interaction side of things. 

I used to watch Reaper Live, but it's so chaotic and just doesn't have the same feel it used to.  It also airs when two other streamers I follow are on, and their shows are a lot more interesting to me - I'm not a fan of talk shows. 

What really bugs me about how they handle Twitch though is many important announcements are made via Twitch, and ~only~ through Twitch - not the site, or their neglected email mailing list.  It's worse than using Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram as at least with those (especially use of all three at the same time) you can send the links to other people! 

And no, I'm not really commenting on how things are right now, I kind of fell out of love with Reaper Live before the initial 2020 lockdowns...  But if I were to comment about things now it's virtually impossible to ask a question. 

• Like 8
9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yes, I enjoy them and they pay me.  OK it is only intermittently, but I have won $20 GC a few times.

• Like 7
9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Nope.  Times don't work for me and I'm not much for catching live stream anyway.  I watch one Star Wars Legion based one that happens to be on at the right time at night.  And I will watch the AMG Legion based ones after the fact since they do theirs at supper time in my time zone.

• Like 7
12 hours ago, Corsair said:

Sometimes, if I'm not busy or I don't forget.  During lockdown I watched a lot of painting streams, being one of the few social interactions available at the time.  These days I have stuff to do and I can go out.....  I catch ReaperLive when I can ( it's on right at dinner time and we're usually eating and I often forget. ) because it is virtually the only way to get any info about what is going on with the KS or the con these days.  I don't know what is so hard about posting info on the company website or forum.... I hate the rambling and I don't give an elf about employee hijinks at the factory. 

• Like 7
13 hours ago, Corsair said:

I used to when they were on rarely, since it was a special thing to watch. Now it's on so often that I don't place as much importance on them, and other streams are taking priority right now.

• Like 5

I watch about half a show a week, I always have something else to do by the end of the time block - either picking up kids or making dinner, so I frequently watch the first 30-40 min of at least one of the shows .

they are decent background chatter - but It feels like I have seen all the minis - unless they are showing new greens for "an upcoming project "

Kickstarter projects: 

its really always about fantasy minis for me.   Something that is more than just STL files for a good price. 

but I really don't do more that 2-3 small orders per year.  and most don't get painted.  

Heroines in sensible shoes (1)  & dungeons and doggie's are 50% painted 

KDM is about 75%  done. 

at least 6 others with only a single mini painted,  or less. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 7
15 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 27: [inspired by my friend @malefactus] Have you ever sculpted anything freehand?

Not a complete model.

My attempts at sculpting have been limited to using putty to: bridge gaps add hair, hide join lines. Things like that.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 27: [inspired by my friend @malefactus] Have you ever sculpted anything freehand?

Does most of a dragon count?  I haven't done any standalone minis, but I did start converting Wyrmgear a while back.  I really should get back to that and finish it sometime... 

• Like 6