Getting to know you, May 2021

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 27: [inspired by my friend @malefactus] Have you ever sculpted anything freehand?

Small stuff like rocks/mushrooms etc.

And adding/repairing some fur etc on minis.

• Like 9
10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 27: [inspired by my friend @malefactus] Have you ever sculpted anything freehand?

this year has seen a lot of small sculpting details - 

nest of dragon eggs, a 1" of tail,  scales on dragons (to hide removal of wings or legs) 

with left over milliput I have made crates (4) and an ale barrel. 

yesterday I sculpted a sack for a giantess. 

• Like 9
14 hours ago, Corsair said:

I did a lot more in school than I do now. I did some clay and papier mache sculpture, some carving in different materials (plaster, wood, soap), but didn't get into any metal working.  For dollhouse stuff I've done pieces in wood, and some simple press molds.  For gaming miniatures I've done a fair bit of repairs and replacements in green-stuff and a few conversions by filing or chopping up metal, but I leave the creation of new figures to the pros. 

• Like 8
38 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 28: What movie was so bad that you walked out of the theater, or changed the channel?

I've never left a theatre in the middle of a movie, I'm there for the experience rather than just the movie (plus I already spent the money). If I change the channel on a movie it's not because it was bad, it's because it didn't hold my interest. And sometimes you can run into a movie that's so bad that you can't look away. :ph34r:

• Like 7
3 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for May 28: What movie was so bad that you walked out of the theater, or changed the channel?

I'd never walk out of a theatre no matter how bad the movie was (those tickets are expensive!), but at home I will pretty regularly stop watching a film if it hasn't grabbed me after the first 30-45 minutes.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, Corsair said:

Haven't walked out of a movie, plenty I've changed the channel on, but don't ask me what they were.

Did come very close to walking out of Star Wars episode 2 though (didn't even bother going to see 3 cause I found 2 so excruciating)

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Corsair said:

I never walked out, rarely watch movies on TV these days.

Changed the Channel on several in the past.

• Like 6

Quizzle for May 28: What movie was so bad that you walked out of the theater...

I have never done that...

(If I have gone to a theatre I’m there for the duration...)

...or changed the channel?

I have done ^ this. 

Starship Troopers

...got ban-hammered by the TV remote. 

I read the book in High School. The movie failed to meet expectations. 

• Like 8
7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Breaking the waves. I can't give my opinion of Lars von Trier and stay within forum rules, so gonna leave it at he makes bad movies to the point his crew should have made him stop. 

• Like 7
7 hours ago, Corsair said:

I will stay to the bitter end on just about any movie...the last one I saw in a theater was a really long time ago.

I have a thing about watching movies more than once. It has nothing to do with being a bad or good film, but there are films that I have no desire to ever see again...Close Encounters, & Star Wars are examples.

• Like 7