Getting to know you, May 2021

Well. The Shaggy Dog tale is always fun.

But if you're gonna mess with somebody.. you ask 'em if they heard about the merger between UPS and FedEX.

Spoiler

I hear the employees are already FED-UP.

<.<

I admit to knowing a few more, but that IS one of my favs.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am not really planning so much as dreading. With Cap'n John's progressing Alzheimer's, my deteriorating physical/mental health, & the condition of the house, I fear that sometime in the next yea

My hard work, stress, and anxiety paid off and Sephy loved her birthday party.

Ah yes, good old DH. There is a reason why I bought a facemask with his A-hole quote on it.    Pretty sure these 2 are my favs, if not top 5:   Doc Brown to Marty:    “If

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yes, it's Star Wars Day, May the 4th Be with You!

Next thing you know somebody is going to try to rhyme Sith with fifth or sixth. This is going to be punful. 

Today's Quizzle, what's your favorite pun?

I only remember one at a time. The newest one erases the prior ones. So I am sure I have heard better ones. 

But: Headline News... Police Arrested A Man For Installing Kitchen Cabinetry. They charged him with...

Counter Fitting. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Yes, it's Star Wars Day, May the 4th Be with You! Today's Quizzle, what's your favorite pun?

I do not have a favorite one, I just love puns and jokes.

• Like 8
On 5/1/2021 at 3:12 PM, Corsair said:

May 1 & 2 Quizzle!

May 1st, How many times did you move as a child [that's under 18]?

May 2nd, How many times have you moved as an adult?

Under 18, twice (excluding boarding school), once when we moved from a town block to 5ac, once when my parents divorced
Over 18. Um....9 times, I think

On 5/3/2021 at 3:06 PM, Corsair said:

May 3rd Quizzle, [and @Morihalda I had already planned this one ::D:]. Do you have plans to move in your near [let's call it 5 years] future?

If finances and other circumstances permit we do plan to move somewhere warmer with more land (and my wife is plotting to have me build the house)

Yes, it's Star Wars Day, May the 4th Be with You! Today's Quizzle, what's your favorite pun?

Nope, no puns here

really....

just silly responses to children (e.g. my youngest was asking for a parfait today - my wife makes them - and my answer was that there was one in the paddock....one of our goats is named Parfait)

• Like 9
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, Corsair said:

I was wondering why the ball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Pi = Pie used for Pi day (3/14) I do not and will not sanction the use of a day of solemn remembrance for a B movie (at best) franchise.  For those who are history challenged fifty one years ago the Ohio National Guard fired on unarmed students protesting the invasion of Cambodia.  Four were killed.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 6
8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well, I work for a trucking company and we haul livestock, including baby pigs. These little guys are called weaners because they've just bean weaned from their momma. We put boards in the side of the trailers in the winter to stop the icy air through the wagon. So I tell the new employees to put the boards in when they're done washing because no one wants to freeze their weaner. 

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well, I work for a trucking company and we haul livestock, including baby pigs. These little guys are called weaners because they've just bean weaned from their momma. We put boards in the side of the trailers in the winter to stop the icy air through the wagon. So I tell the new employees to put the boards in when they're done washing because no one wants to freeze their weaner. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
10 hours ago, Corsair said:

I'm not sure I have a favorite, but I have a most threadbare.

For 20+ yrs my husband never misses the chance when I complain that its a bit cold to say:

"Chilly today, Hot Tamale"

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
9 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Well. The Shaggy Dog tale is always fun.

But if you're gonna mess with somebody.. you ask 'em if they heard about the merger between UPS and FedEX.

Hide contents

I hear the employees are already FED-UP.

<.<

I admit to knowing a few more, but that IS one of my favs.

That's a better rendition than the two or three that went around when I worked for UPS... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Corsair said:

I used to not be able to stand puns, but they've groan on me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
11 hours ago, Corsair said:

Though I can appreciate puns, none come to mind.

As for May the 4th, though I am a fan of Star Wars, I never really did anything special with it and have to be reminded by countless other posts that it actually is today.

• Like 8
14 hours ago, Corsair said:

I'm a big Star Wars fan, so quite enjoy all the interesting things that happen today.  Bad Batch is awesome!  There are some excellent sales on Star Wars related STLs. My Death Troopers finally came in (coincidence....or is it?).

My favorite pun, which I had to look up to get right, is my favorite because someone obviously put a huge amount of effort to come up with it.

Mahatma Gandhi walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him ..

A super calloused fragile mystic hexed with halitosis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

(I'm taking notes, by the way; my office whiteboard is running low on good material!) 

My current favorite:

"What do you get when you mix alcohol and literature? Tequila Mockingbird."

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7