Jump to content
  • Optionally enter a message with your report.

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Inarah
      Love these little guys, they are so cute and evil looking at the same time.  This is the Bones version.  
       

       

       
      I previously did two metal homonculi, who will be happy to have a new pack member. 
       
    • By MoonglowMinis
      I've got a dozen tiny minis to BUG you with today!

      A few months ago I purchased these Hell Wasp prints for use as giant flies in Rangers of Shadow Deep.  The sculpts are from Rocket Pig Games and carefully printed at this delicate scale by K2C2 Creations.  The tiny size came in a set of 12 so I painted them all a little different to get some variety.

       
      Giant Flies

      My original purpose for these guys was as flies in ROSD.  To give them some stability and variety I based them on 20mm bases. In each set of 3, one got based standing, one got based leaning, and a third was placed on higher ground.  This seemed to break up uniformity.  I also painted to different styles of flies.

      The first was the House Fly

      These guys are mostly grey with a bit of brown fuzz on their backs. 
      More photos beneath spoiler:
       
      The second set of flies was painted as Blow Flies

      These guys are a bit more green.  Though having recently had an infestation of these guys, I wish I had made them more metallic.  Yuck.
      More photo below:
       

      Hellwasps/Stirges
      Since I had so many of these guys, I decided to mix up the second half.

      One set got painted Red to work as Red Paper Wasps, or as decent Stirge stand-ins.

      I quite enjoy the little skull on the one base.
      More photos below:
       

      And the final group got painted in classic Yellow Jacket stripes.

      Bees?  BEES! Ready for a deadly stinging encounter.
      More photos below:
       
       
      These guys were tiny and fragile and tedious.  I kept them simple to get through them all and they still used up all my painting time for a month.  Lost a few limbs while basing but hopefully the slightly larger bases will give me something easier to grab during games.  I wish I had stood back more while working on these and upped the contrast.  They're fine, but their details are so small that it would have been more worthwhile to get a stronger impact from arm's length.

       
      What use would you have for these little critters?
    • By Rahz
      Of the many busts I’ve printed/purchased lately, this one won out on the priority list.  
       
      Basecoats and metallics are a mix of acrylics (Reaper and Vallejo) and then a ton of layered oils with some subsequent acrylic highlights again.  Painted the eyes very faintly and then “washed them out” to give them that milky look but I feel I went too far as the iris/pupils are pretty much gone.    Otherwise, I’m quite happy with him other than the missed support nubs inside his “crown” that will taunt me forever.   
       

       


      Thanks for looking. 
    • By Waylandrk
      Chrysoprasia aka Crazy Chrissie.
       
      Named for the Dr & Quinch character, going to be my alchemist in an upcoming horror game.
       
      The colour scheme was inspired by the elven tribes in the new Pathfinder expansion, Mwangi Expanse.
       
      The model was a 3d print, but all paints are Reaper. My first time ever both painting dark skin tones and using a wet palette. Overall quite happy with the result.



    • By Waylandrk
      Wasn't totally happy with how this came out. I wanted a reptilian version of a tiger pattern for stalking in the jungle. Colour scheme worked I think and overall it's a great model but it has some issues I struggled with. 
       
      It's not symmetrical, the ridges and scales on each side are in different places and don't align making the patterning problematic. That coupled with the fact that some of the larger scales fade out and a lot of the smaller scales are almost indistinct took some of the fun out if it. Normally I enjoy doing scales and applying washes and dry rushing as well as picking out patterns on individual scales but this was hard work.
       
      Will still make the kids worry when it hits the tabletop though 🙂





  • Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...