01529 Vampire (ReaperCon '14) monochrome -- sculpt B. Jackson, paint D. Schubert

Ever since I saw the monochrome Chronoscope minis painted like a black and white pulp noir film, I've hoped someone would run an online RCon course on black and white monochromatic minis. Wink wink, nudge nudge...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks, folks!

@ManvsMini : You're welcome!  I've been painting more this year and am happy to share.

@Great Khan Artist : Yes, Rhonda Bender (birdwithabrush)'s paint-jobs on those Deadlands Noir minis are great!  I did a sepia-monochrome paint job on the ReaperCon '05 Western Sophie, and again on some other Chronoscope Old West figures -- Doc Holiday, Buffalo Bill Cody, and Lobo Sanchez (link to Lobo).  I've taught a class on monochrome painting a few times over the past 10 ReaperCons, but I wasn't planning to do one this year.  Maybe someone else will, and/or I could teach one for RVE next year.

Derek

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GlenP
      Sea Storm is a resin female pirate bust from Altores Studios in 1/9th scale. The piece is basically the head/body, the hat, pipe, and a loop earring. I replaced the earring with copper wire. Apart from some mold trash where the coat and torso meet, there were no major issues. Primed with my dwindling supply of Floquil Railroad Colors' Gray Primer and painted with Reaper acrylics.

Questions and Comments welcomed... ain't no secrets here.

Glen

• By Cygnwulf
      Been watching the previews for this on Bold's Instagram,  Some crazy cute models, this time sculpted by  Ismael Nieto.  I'm particularly fond of Bisa and Tori, the winners of the dino race, and the BatPacker is too cute.  Resin cast and STL like their last several releases.  I've picked up their STLs before and been very happy, Planning to try to swing for at least one in resin this time, though shipping from Sweden hurts.
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boldminiatures/ismaels-collection

• By WhiteWulfe
      Odds are this thread may be a tad slow at times due to a variety of factors, but probably also because of the fact it's not only a resin conversion kit, but a recast one since you can't get the original one anymore.

Right off the bat, I have to say this: No, I won't be painting it in Kirk's colours.  They're nice, but I'm not one to always do the "canon colours" or "factory paintjob" thing.  I'm actually kind of thinking of some sort of patchy and "muddied" scatter camouflage based off of some sort of combination of Spotted Hyenas, Dalmatians, and even Great Danes.

^Obligatory "glory shot" of what I suspect will wind up being used.
      - Master Grade MS-06S Zaku II Ver 2.0 Char Aznable's (will mainly be used for the frame)
      - Universal Century MS-05L Zaku I Sniper resin conversion kit
      - SIMP/EVO Studio Zaku II (Ver 2.0) Grunts decal sheet
      - CJHobbies metal detail up parts kit (will mainly be used for leg thrusters as well as the mono-eye)

Yeah, it'll be a bit of a situation of not really using everything in that detail up kit, but such is life.  I don't want to try and figure out what size thrusters to get to work with the kit.  And yes, I know the Zaku I doesn't have the leg thrusters, but oh well.  Resin kit has them, and I kind of like that it's almost like it's a slightly modified Zaku I for better mobility.

^So uh, where's construction so far?  Well, truthfully?  This is where things left off, but will be seeing a decent amount of progress in the very near future.  Yup, you build the initial kit only to then take three quarters of it apart, whee!
    • By Brianuk
      I have put together a warband, mainly Reaper models, for use in Saga Age of Magic, Frostgrave, Oathmark etc. 
      The winged vampires were quite simple to paint. Primed with Israeli grey from Vallejo, then drybrushed with Rakarth flesh and Pallid Wych flesh. Then a wash of carroburg crimson and a highlight with Pallid Wych Flesh. 

The armoured vampires are mainly crimson knights from Reaper with a couple of head swaps but mostly straight and un-kitbashed. They were primed with Vallejo red brown then I used contrast flesh tearers red and a bunch of washes for the armour. 

I enjoyed painting these and the next step is to add some more winged vampires/succubi, and some mounted vampire knights. 

• By Rigel
      Siobhana (03150) is one hell of a femme fatale in the Morticia Addams line. Zaftig and haughty, scornful and entitled. I wish I had gotten better lighting; her pale skin isn't great at showing contrast,
      She comes with a half-broken pillar of some solar celestial (a Pathfinder relic? it looks like it would fit with their iconic Cleric) and also a batlike grotesque. I think the Vorvorlaka (77631) represents another stage in that  gargoyle vargouille life cycle. The sexy vampire lady and the horrible batlike monstrosities make for a good Hammer Horror aesthetic.

Further experiments with tight-clinging fabrics. Please give me your tips and constructive criticism; I feel sure I can do better with sheer fabrics but am not sure what to focus on. C&C welcome!

• Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)