Ral Partha wolf riders - wolves only

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Krassling
      This is the mounted knight Lucardus von Kemet. Back in the 90s a product of FanPro and nowadays casted by Ral Partha.
      My Kids used this model a lot, so I decided to Paint this next.

His Mount seemed to be a little small and didnt fit to a grandmaster of a Order of knights. So I Made a Base which should impose a little Hill on the battlefield.

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning Reaperniks!

So I've had this mini painted already about a week, but here in Omaha, it's been mostly kind of cloudy and rainy, so wasn't able to get a decent picture until this morning.

This is Merlyon the Sorcerer, formerly of Thunderbolt Mountain and now being released by Ral Partha Legacy. Pretty fun figure to paint, and it's more akin to that 25 mm of yore:

I still have a few more from this range I want to get around to painting. This one also had the eyeholes poked into the eyes, but they worked out this time pretty simply.
      Eyeholes in the owl too!

Anyhoos, please enjoy responsibly!

• By R2ED
      Took a shot at the ol OSL. 

This model is from my youth that I'd always been afraid to paint because i didn't want to mess it up.  Years later, now I feel like my skills are better and it was worth a shot.  Not only did I take a shot, I did it with a real challenge applied to it.  I was either going to mess it up - or REALLY mess it up.  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Using the colors red and purple seem very wizardly.  Felt like a strong combo and happy with it.
      *  The OSL I did was using a dry brush and sweeping it from the main source and only moving in that direction.  
      *  After the initial area had been 'zoned' I went in and brought up the colors further.  I had a difficult time identifying what would be lit or not.

Misses:
      *  The highlight on the face is way too much.  I wanted a light cast to it, but Iwasn't thinking like sitting in front of the sun.  Help.
      *  What colors to use for bringing up a light source?  I was thinking some kind of fire getting cast away.  I went Orange, Yellow, White, but only hitting white up close and fading to deeper colors farther from the source.
      *  The shading in the cape and undercape - I didn't do anything but feel it does need something.  Does it look strange without it?

If I were to base this one, I'm wondering how I can really knock this light effect out on the base, too.  I may end up just leaving this as is and thinking fondly of it as a first attempt at OSL.  I also think having taken a challenge piece from my childhood and honoring it with something fun to do in my adulthood felt...redeeming.  
    • By 72moonglum
      And hello again, my Reaper brethren and sistern, 

Another mini I finished just this afternoon, a Ral Partha Mage with Wand, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the late seventies or early eighties.  He came from the Children of the Night range, and his blister pack was originally called Shadow Elves or something like that, but nowadays at Iron Wind Metals, he's just known as Mage with Wand.  I was going to use my normal camera to take these pictures, but my battery died and I didn't have any left at home, so took this one again too with my iPhone. he came out okay, not sure if too much contrast?

Unlike the Unicorn I just posted, this one is only two photos, a front and a back.  The only thing I'm not sure if I'm that happy with is his wand. The little jewel on top I was thinking of reddish-orange, but it may have turned out too much like the chestnut brown of the holding part of the wand.  Anyhoos, this was a relatively simple mini to paint, not a lot of dingley danglies, which makes for a pretty quick job.  In this blister pack he's got a female and two other male shadow elves.  I'm almost kind of inspired to paint the rest of them as well. I've already painted the female three times, but the other two males haven't done yet.  We'll see how inspired I get and if I throw them in my queue.  Being they were called Shadow Elves, I thought of a drow vibe and one of the versions of the chick I actually did paint as a drow.  Alas, we'll see what I end up doing, so many miniatures and only 30-40 years to live.

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reaper Hoppers and Poppers,

So I just finished this miniature, who is a pretty small one. She's Gwenyvere, from Tom Meier's Arthurian line at Thunderbolt Mountain, currently being produced by Ral Partha Legacy.

I just got a new iPhone, and I took the pictures with it.  I think the pictures came out really nicely, and have done an automatically good job on the exposure and all.  My concern is does the automization of the exposure make it any different than if I would have had to work a little bit with the exposure?

To give a comparison, here is how my camera turned out:

It's a lot darker.

Anyhoos, looking for photographic opinions. 

And to give you an idea of how small this figure it is, here she is in comparison to a US quarter:

• Who's Online   28 Members, 3 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)